Open-Xchange Hyperion VMware Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Xchange Hyperion VMware Image

Is there an official VMware Image of the latest OX.
    I found this on a FTP server ftp.gwdg.de linked in some old google cache.

ox5_vmware_image_v1.0-1.tar

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2007, 12:18 PM.

I don't think so

Hello,

as this is an old google cache as you mentioned. I don't think that this is a Hyperion installation.

At the moment, I'm trying to prepare VM with Debian/Etch.

Greetings
    Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post
      Hello,

as this is an old google cache as you mentioned. I don't think that this is a Hyperion installation.
      You are right. Hyperion is definitely not labelled as OX5.

René

Comment

Hi,

i played around with the Community Edition of Hyperion last night and set up a ubuntu 6.06 LTS vmware image. Currently the groupware functionality works quite fine but i need to configure the cyrus imapd and postfix smtpd. If this system works stable under different circumstances i may upload it somewhere. The system was initially set up to test our installation guide. But please feel free to make Hyperion working on every distribution and operating system - this contribution will be very interesting and helpful.

At the moment, there is no official vmware image but it will be available soon.
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Last night I was thinking if I use Ubuntu as well because this is the recommended OS.

But I like debian/etch and it is the main distribution in our infrastructure.

I try to keep the packages at a minimum to keep the VM as small as possible.

Hmm, I read that cyrus 2.2 is used. What about the login to cyrus?
          Do you use the mail address as the login?
          This is what I try to setup.

greetz

Comment

VMware Image

That would be great to have the latest all setup on the Linux distribution your suggesting to use.
            Looking forward to working with it.

Comment

VM nearly ready

Hey guys....

I have a VM up and running (mail is missing at this time) and it looks great :-)

I'll create a zip file this evening and tell you the link and whats missing.

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post
                Hey guys....

I have a VM up and running (mail is missing at this time) and it looks great :-)

I'll create a zip file this evening and tell you the link and whats missing.
                Ok, there we go:

http://www.zion-control.org/hyperion_0.1.tar.bz2

How-to use it:
                This VM is done with VMWare-Workstation 6.0 (beta) which you can download at www.vmware.com (only necessary whem VMWare-Player is not working)

User:root
                Password:root

After starting the VM you have to run
                nohup /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware &
                /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start

To connect to the VM, issue this command as root
                ifconfig eth0
                and find out the IP of the VM

This VM is only for experienced user as it is a quick-shot from this day.

The Mail-Setup is missing at the moment.

Greetz
                Andreas
                Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2007, 06:46 PM. Reason: How to find the IP of the VM to connect to the OX

Comment

Thanks for this contribution! I'll give it a try this afternoon.

Comment

Currently I implemented the auto start up stuff so you just have to know the IP-Address.

The mail setup is a bit tricky at the moment because I'm new to cyrus administration

But things are going forward

greetz

BTW: Is it possible to host the big file elsewhere? e.g. via BitTorrent?

Comment

Hosting VMware File

Couldn't this file be the start of the "official" vm for the project which could be featured here?

I would hope the sponsor of OX would offer a place to start a BitTorrent or a download dir.

Comment

Yep, that'll be the right place.

At the moment, the cyrus login is working but the mailing stuff not really.

There was a little typo in the wiki which has been corrected.

Comment

Most contributions to vmtn are done by the companies behind the projects and are "filtered" by vmware inc. So it would be a option that your image may be reviewed by ox inc. and set as an official community edition image.
                          Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-04-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

ok, so it's up to you to call it an official VM.

But first I think we have to eliminate all the mistakes.

The infostore is not working correctly and the mailing as mentioned some posts above.

Comment

Thats exactly the thing why releases on vmtn must be reviewed - because it is a official release of the company behind the project and not a community marketplace of vmware. But your contribution is very helpful e.g. for debugging the wiki / installation manuals and so on. If you need some webspace to distribute it and if distribution via bittorrent is not possible- send me a pm
                              Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-04-2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X