Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to flag E-Mails as already read?

Hello guys,

I have a serious problem with the open-xchange software, actually I am using MailXChange (1&1) but I guess it should be the same or at least I hope so.

We are 3 users answering incoming mails but we have no idea how to flag an E-Mail as already read or already answered so that the others can see it.

There is the trouble of multiple answers from us because we cannot inform each other everytime.

I hope you can help us with this nasty issue.

kindly regards,

sanchez

Hi,

you can use *select mail* panel "E-Mail" -> "Mark as" ...

Greetings

Comment

Do you use the same inbox/folder? Or do you send the messages to all three of you? I've got the feeling it's the second option. In that case: you can't, you have to share one folder. (You can use Sieve to sort the mail server-side)

Comment

At first Id like to thank you for your answers.

@Martin Braun: unfortuneatly that does not work. if you mark it, you are the only one to see it.

@Gertjan: I guess you are right but I have no idea how to use a folder as a shared one. Could you explain it to me please?

kindly regards,

sanchez

Comment

Okay, but keep in mind this is just an example.

Alfred, Boris and Charlie all want to be able to read and answer mail sent to info@<yourdomain>.
          • Log in as oxadmin on the admin-gui and add an alias to Alfred, called info@<yourdomain>.
          • Drop the mail for info@<yourdomain> in a separate folder. Use Sieve to do this. (How to use Sieve and how to install e.g. the Smartsieve web interface can be found on several places on the net)
          • Login as Alfred and right-click on the info folder. Choose 'Properties', select 'Rights' and add Boris and Charlie (and give them the right permissions)

Comment

Another option is to play with Cyrus and shared folders.

Comment

seems to be pretty complicated...

Are you sure this will work with 1&1 MailXchange?

I will try it later.

Thanks,

sanchez

Comment

Hi,

i guess this will not work with Mailxchange because the 1&1 E-Mail Backend is used for this service. This backend sadly does not allow shared folders.

Comment

Working...
                X