WIKI docs for Funambol outdated ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIKI docs for Funambol outdated ...

I just tried to set up funambol server for OX SE, but it seems like the how-to is seriously outdated ... Funambol server is already up to Version 7.1.1, OX connector up to 7.0.5 ... paths, config entries, scripts ... lots of stuff are wrong or - even worse - just plain missing in the current version (presumably renamed/moved).

Is there anybody out here who has successfully installed a 7.x version of the package?

I've started updating the changes I found necessary to get the more current version to work ...

It looks like I have it working, but the authentication currently crashes the application ...

Comment

just follow the manual found on http://forge.objectweb.org/project/s...hp?group_id=96 it covers everything to setup a funambol/ox combo.

Comment

What really bugs me is when docs - presumably written by the makers of software - don't even come close to matching up with the files or line found in the current archives ... e.g., quote from the 7.0 OX connector install guide:

Copy the funambol-ox-<x.x.x>.s4j file in the directory <FUNAMBOL_HOME>/dsserver/modules
        Fine. Problem is, there is no file with that name in the 7.0 OX connector archive ... sure, one could go one and just guess they might mean the file named ox-connector-7.0.3.s4j, but then you continue, and notice that the .zip you downloaded doesn't contain the Linux version shell scripts, but only the Windows batch file ... WTF? The .tar.gz you're supposed to have downloaded is nowhere to be found on the server ...
        I mean, come on, if you don't want to support the stuff, don't say you do and save the people the time of trying to fix the crap you left behind ...
        Last edited by Garry; 05-10-2009, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Who said OX does support software made, documented and maintained by 3rd Parties? The OX-Funambol connector has been written by Funambol (and all documentation for it) when working on a project with OX and 1and1. The solution offered by Funambol is opensource so everyone can use it, but don't mix this with a supported solution for inhouse installations where somebody at OX will fix the system or provide guidance. You may have noticed that all the guides at the Wiki are maintained by users from the community and not OX itself and all resources available are hosted at Funambols community site. We're just introducing the OXtender for Mobility and a ActiveSync interface for mobile synchronization to close that gap and offer a real solution for our users and customers.
          Please quote where somebody from the OX staff told you that we offer free or paid support for Funambol products in terms of documentation support, installation advice and so on. Otherwise just stay calm and don't talk about "crap somebody left behind" but fix it, a community is not a one-way road. It's very normal for a documentation to get outdated, the original posting at the Wiki was intended for Funambol 6.x (10/2007), then people started to change the doc for Funambol 7.x.

Thanks.
          Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-10-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

As for fixing it, I did take the time to update the 6.5 docs in the Wiki to fit for the more current version ... also provided a link from the old to the new version of the docs ... it's just pretty frustrating trying to figure out all the changes that are necessary ... still haven't been able to successfully get anything from the connector, though the login as such seems to work ... not much I can configure on the Nokia, but at the moment, I don't know if it's something in general still wrong with the Funambol, or the OX Connector part ...

Comment

Working...
            X