Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail threads or conversations

Dear Open-Xchange cummunity,

During some field testing of Open-Xchange on a 400 users one of the issues arising was the lack of mail-threading/conversations. Mail threading (for the ones who don't know already) is the grouping of a mail conversation (subject -> re-subject etc..) into a thread. According to the test-group this greatly enhances the usability and is the MAIN reason for NOT using Open-Xchang and sticking to other products like gmail or hotmail.

Questions:

* What is the opinion of the Open-Xchange development team about mail-threads regarding OX?
    * What is the opinion of the community (developers) about threading?
    * Is this already in the roadmap (if so: which edition?)
    * Did I miss something and it already exists? (make me happy!)

Anyway,

Kind regards,

Robert Nagtegaal.

Hi,

Originally posted by masikh View Post
    * What is the opinion of the Open-Xchange development team about mail-threads regarding OX?
    I just can talk for myself and i survived 15 years of IT and approx 5 million mails without ever using thread views
    However, while planning for post-6.20 features, this was one of the favorites of the OX staff in general

* Is this already in the roadmap (if so: which edition?)
    Open-Xchange is the pioneer of open and trusted software and solutions for service providers worldwide who are challenged with extending value and innovation

Planned for 6.22, Since this is a core feature, it'll be available for all editions.

* Did I miss something and it already exists? (make me happy!)
    We made a layout-prototype. Looks awesome.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 04-18-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Awesome

Hi Martin Braun,

Sorry for my rather late reply, easter and all. But this is really good news. Do you need a beta tester? For now I'll just sit tide and wait it out, and smile at the brite light ahead.

Kind regards,

Robert.

Comment

Hi Robert,

we're constantly releasing preview and snapshot packages, so these new features will be available to all before releasing a final version. Any beta-testing is very appreciated!

Greetings

Comment

Hello Martin,

Could you be so kind as to point me to the relevant packages? I am a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume of packages.

Kind regards,

Robert Nagtegaal.

Comment

Hi Robert,

When switching to another version (e.g. snapshot), it's a very good idea to update all packages. The snapshot repository is located here: http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/snapshot/. Note that these packages contain a development version and are *NOT* meant for production usage.

However, we shifted to start of 6.22 development a few weeks, so there are no updates regarding the 6.22 roadmap contained at the packages, yet.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
            X