No announcement yet.

An error message appears when create mail filter with action "Tag mail with"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An error message appears when create mail filter with action "Tag mail with"

Hi, I have a problem with using mail filter.

When I try to create a mail filter using an action "Tag mail with" or "Flag mail with" I receive these message:
    "
    1. 11-24-2011 10:35 AM GMT
    Error: Error while communicating with the sieve server 192.168.32.60 at port 2000 for user utent51 in context 1 (MAIL_FILTER-0015, -1877718034-21)

Date: Thu Nov 24 2011 11:55:02 GMT+0100 (CET)
    Host: https://posta.comune.levico-terme.tn.it/ox6/ox.html
    Version: 6.20.1 Rev0 (UI), 6.20.1-Rev0 (Server)
    Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0

Module: configuration, View: configuration/modules/3, Folder: default0/INBOX, Default folders: infostore=40tasks=39contacts=38calendar=37, Landing page: portal, Tree: New, Expert: No, Language: en_US

Loaded modules: calendar, com.openexchange.extras, com.openexchange.group, com.openexchange.mail.filter, com.openexchange.publish, com.openexchange.resource, com.openexchange.secret.recovery, com.openexchange.subscribe, com.openexchange.user.passwordchange, com.openexchange.user.personaldata, com.openexchange.wizard, comune.levico.sms, contacts, folder, infostore, interfaces, mail, mailaccount, messaging, olox20, portal, tasks, themes, uwaWidgets
    "

on log /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0 i find these

"
    MAIL_FILTER-0015 Category=8 Message=Error while communicating with the sieve server 192.168.32.60 at port 2000 for user utent51 in context 1 exceptionID=-1877718034-85
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionNew(MailfilterAction.java:425)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionNew(MailfilterAction.java:105)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.AbstractA ction.action(AbstractAction.java:82)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet.doPut (AJAXServlet.java:206)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:730)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.coyote.AjpProcessor.process (AjpProcessor.java:805)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.coyote.sockethandler.Coyote Task.call(CoyoteTask.java:184)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:750)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:776)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Caused by: com.openexchange.jsieve.export.exceptions.OXSieveH andlerException: Open-Xchange: line 2: error: require command: unknown Sieve capability 'imapflags'.
    Open-Xchange: error: validation failed.
    "

I'm using dovecot 1.2 with sieve, these is the capability of my sieve:

# telnet 192.168.1.60 2000
    Trying 192.168.1.60...
    Connected to srvimap.dominio.locale.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    "IMPLEMENTATION" "dovecot"
    "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date"
    "SASL" "PLAIN"
    "STARTTLS"
    "NOTIFY" "mailto"
    "VERSION" "1.0"
    OK "Dovecot ready."

what I need is to:
    - Add one or more "labels / categories / flags"
    - To perform research in e-mail, using the appropriate text box in the upper right corner, indicating the name of "labels / categories / flags"

for example:
    - I have 3 category (documents, rentals, jobs)
    - I have 100 email on my maildir
    - I want set 2 category (documents and jobs) to 10 message
    - I want set 1 category (rentals) to 5 message
    - I want search for only message that have category "jobs"

It's these possible ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

this is a known issue and will be fixed with the next release. The IMAP Server announces the newer imap4flags capability instead of "imapflags". For dovecot, use this configuration at the dovecot config:
    Code:
    plugin {
      sieve_extensions = +imapflags
    }
    Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi,

For dovecot, use this configuration at the dovecot config:
      Code:
      plugin {
        sieve_extensions = +imapflags
      }
      After change dovecot configuration and restart dovecot service, I received these message:

"
      1. 24/11/2011 12:37 GMT
      Errore: Error while communicating with the sieve server 192.168.32.60 at port 2000 for user utent51 in context 1 (MAIL_FILTER-0015, -1877718034-563)
      "

and on the log:

"
      MAIL_FILTER-0015 Category=8 Message=Error while communicating with the sieve server 192.168.32.60 at port 2000 for user utent51 in context 1 exceptionID=-1877718034-563
      at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionNew(MailfilterAction.java:425)
      at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionNew(MailfilterAction.java:105)
      at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.AbstractA ction.action(AbstractAction.java:82)
      at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet.doPut (AJAXServlet.java:206)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:730)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
      at com.openexchange.ajp13.coyote.AjpProcessor.process (AjpProcessor.java:805)
      at com.openexchange.ajp13.coyote.sockethandler.Coyote Task.call(CoyoteTask.java:184)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:750)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:776)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
      Caused by: com.openexchange.jsieve.export.exceptions.OXSieveH andlerException: Open-Xchange: line 2: error: the (deprecated) imapflags extension cannot be used together with the imap4flags extension.
      "

and i cannot disable imap4flags, I tried to modify dovecot.conf:

Code:
      plugin {
        sieve_extensions = +imapflags -imap4flags
      }
      and these is the results:

# telnet localhost 2000
      Trying 127.0.0.1...
      Connected to localhost.
      Escape character is '^]'.
      "IMPLEMENTATION" "dovecot"
      "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date imapflags"
      "SASL" "PLAIN"
      "STARTTLS"
      "NOTIFY" "mailto"
      "VERSION" "1.0"
      OK "Dovecot ready."

any suggestion is welcome, thanks.

Comment

Hi,

could be that the sieve script itself contains a reference to the old "imapflags"? Judging from the initial error message, this capability is required but not supported by the IMAP Server. You can modify the sieve scripts manually using a text editor.

Comment

Hi,
          could be that the sieve script itself contains a reference to the old "imapflags"?
          no, I removed all filter on my sieve script

Judging from the initial error message, this capability is required but not supported by the IMAP Server.
          The error message on /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0 is
          "
          Caused by: com.openexchange.jsieve.export.exceptions.OXSieveH andlerException: Open-Xchange: line 2: error: the (deprecated) imapflags extension cannot be used together with the imap4flags extension."

it seems that OX does not support imap4flags but support only imapflags.

OX does not seem to be happy to find them both active on imap/sieve server. :-|

Comment

I downloaded the source files of the OX and in the file open-xchange/server/ChangeLog I read this :

"
            * 2011-10-30 - thorben.betten@open-xchange.com

- Fix for bug 20658: Dropping running Imap-Idle listener on password change
            - Fix for bug 20676: Changed to Java5 execution environment
            - Fix for bug 20657: Checking for both "imapflags" and "imap4flags" capability to support user flags in SIEVE rules
            "

I did a search using this site: https://bugs.open-xchange.com for "imagflags" but can not find any reference to the bug number 20657.

What am I doing wrong?
            thank you.

Comment

Hi,

that bug was internal, i've made it public for you.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,
                that bug was internal, i've made it public for you.
                Greetings
                thanks.

On the last comment i read "Verified fixed with latest HEAD. "imap4flags" is now detected." but when I try to create a filter that use imap4flags I receive the same error that you have explained on the bug 20657.

I'm using the last snapshot relased on 23/11/2011.

Comment

Well, judging from the log file, the issue is that "imapflags" is used at the sieve script and OX does not handle it. Our dovecot 1.2 test environment announces the exact same SIEVE capabilities as your server did in the first posting. If you're already using the latest snapshot, you may remove the use of the deprecated +imapflags attribute that i proposed earlier. Can you post a sieve script file that triggers the issue?
                  Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-25-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Well, judging from the log file, the issue is that "imapflags" is used at the sieve script and OX does not handle it.
                    My sieve script are empty (I removed all filter from OX).

Our dovecot 1.2 test environment announces the exact same SIEVE capabilities as your server did in the first posting. If you're already using the latest snapshot, you may remove the use of the deprecated +imapflags attribute that i proposed earlier.
                    I removed these "sieve_extensions = +imapflags" from my dovecot.conf

and these is what I see on the /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0
                    "
                    Caused by: com.openexchange.jsieve.export.exceptions.OXSieveH andlerException: Open-Xchange: line 2: error: require command: unknown Sieve capability 'imapflags'.
                    Open-Xchange: error: validation failed.
                    "

Can you post a sieve script file that triggers the issue?
                    My sieve script are empty... these is the content

# cat Open-Xchange.sieve
                    # Generated by OX Sieve Bundle on Thu Nov 24 14:11:46 CET 2011

On demo-online, from Open-xchange site, I see the same error :-|

any suggestion ?
                    thanks again.

Comment

Hi,

sorry! I though this happens while reading the rules. In fact it occurs when creating such a rule. I can now reproduce this. Thanks a lot for the info! Just opened a new bug for this. (Bug #20858)

Martin
                      Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-25-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

This will be fixed with todays snapshot packages. Thanks for reporting!

Comment

This will be fixed with todays snapshot packages. Thanks for reporting!
                          Yes, the error is fixed.... thanks :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X