• Show
Clear All

• change password

How can i do to change openxchange password ?, if I don-t know
    how openxchange do encryptation?. Because I'm making a new module
    to change password.

thanks

Hi,

you may simply use the "changeuser" command line tool or the related RMI call.

Greetings

Comment

Hi

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but I'm making a new php web-based module, for this I need to compare former password with a new password write by user. How do I know know encryptation method???

thks

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi,

you may simply use the "changeuser" command line tool or the related RMI call.

Greetings

Comment

I would do this:

1. get the current and new password via a simple html form.
        2. try to login with the current user/password in the background via the json login api. if this is ok, the current password is correct.
        3. Then call the changeuser commandline tool to change the users password to the new password.

Comment

My users ask how to change their password. They will be frustrated if the answer is: I will do it on the server.
          Is there no button for the user until now ?
          Perhaps somebody has written a separate web-app to use for this ?

Thanks. Matthias.

Comment

Well, there is. Go to the configuration tab and click extras.
            If you set up your OpenSUSE machine with a pre 0.2.4 version of the installer, check this thread. If you use Ubuntu or Debian, check that link as well. If you use any other distro, you have to find out the solution yourself, but again, the provided link will help you.

Comment

Thanks for the Link. No it works for me.

In this post i describe my steps and what i think should be the solution to make the workaround unnecessary.

Matthias

Comment

Working...
              X