Road map questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road map questions

I have to admit that the new direction of OX is not what I want.

- I don't really care about the web GUI. The 8.2 web GUI was good enough. Object linking was cumbersome but it is hard to see how it could be made better. I like the new GUI but it solves a low priority problem.

- The reason we bought OX was because of the protocols. LDAP is the correct place to put user information. I know it is a problem for the architecture to have user information in both a directory and DB but it is great for integration. WebDAV is great. iCal is great.

- The Outlook Connector is great. It needs to be extended. The connector should sync custom fields between OX and Outlook.

- I like projects. I would like them to be part of OX. They should be extended. I would project templates. This would include custom fields and preset values.

Also the Pinboard and the Forum where no special needed features but nice "addons".

Maybe they can be implement.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

you should keep in mind that the new OX is a hosting solution at the moment focused on the requirements of SaaS providers. This is not a replacement for your customized and implemented OX5. You may take this as a small preview about what is changing at OX. As before, the interfaces are extendable and can/will be tailored to the SME customers need.

Originally posted by jeff_r_christensen View Post
      - I don't really care about the web GUI. The 8.2 web GUI was good enough. Object linking was cumbersome but it is hard to see how it could be made better. I like the new GUI but it solves a low priority problem.
      Thats your point of view, but for many other users the clunky GUI was a high priority problem. Not only the Layout changed - the usage of asynchronous protocols allows a lot more users on one machine.

- The Outlook Connector is great. It needs to be extended. The connector should sync custom fields between OX and Outlook.
      Well, did you see the new OXtender for Microsoft Outlook recently? 1&1 uses a 6.x version which has not much in common with the old OXtender. Basically it does the same tasks but it has been rewritten and extended by features like conflict handling, slow-sync and so on.

- I like projects. I would like them to be part of OX. They should be extended. I would project templates. This would include custom fields and preset values.
      This is a feature request, i dont know exactly what priority this has in further development. But as a customer you may talk about this with a OX representative.
      Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-21-2007, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I do like the new web gui.

Another thing I'd like to see is a SyncML connector on the server. Currently my company is looking for a CRM solution. I can't really say that OX will do CRM. We like SugarCRM. I'd like to be able to deploy both. The sales team would use Sugar and the rest of the company would us OX. I'd like to use SyncML to synchronize the two.

Comment

Working...
        X