Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anything changed on cvs (again) ?
    I just reinstall OX from newest CVS.
    But while I compile OX, file build.xml doesn't exist.

linux:/tmp/open-xchange# ant -Dlib.dir=/opt/open-xchange/lib install
    Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
    Build failed

Comment

hey martin

gives new infos about the files on cvs, an update or anything else?

I checked out the cvs from 03.11.2007, this version i coud be compile but i have errors in the gui while surfing the sites as an user

one of them: i donĀ“t see my mails but on each click on Inbox i get a new headline( von an Betreff Datum)

mfg

outlow

Comment

Before I reinstall my OX, I met the same problem with you, outlow.

To Martin. I can't go any further with my newest installation now.
        There is really no file /tmp/open-xchange/build.xml in the new CVS.

I've tried 3-4 times to get latest Open-Xchange source from the official Open-Xchange CVS from my last post; so I'm sure its not my mistake.

Any comments please.

Regards,
        Sulung

Comment

I am too expierence the same problems on Ubuntu 7.10. The first could compile I got from the 03.11.2007 cvs, but the mail folder show only the FROM line and every the I click on a folder the line is repeted.

Horst

Comment

I am also experiencing the missing xml issue. I hope it will be resolved soon.

By the way, are these stability problems usual with the community version of Openxchange? I can cope with the missing admin modules and facilities, but having an unstable server would be no good..

Thanks for your comments

Comment

Harpo:
              If you checkout the HEAD repository (which is the default) you get the code the developers use every day. Right now big changes at the server code happen which means that it is not usual to get a stable checkout from HEAD right now. I suppose to use the Bugfix Branch (bf_6_4) which is much more stable and reliable. I'll modify the community edition installer in the next days to make this configurable at the installation.

Greetings

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Sorry for asking this, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the forum or wiki site.
                  Could you please post how to check out the bugfix branch of open-xchange?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi,

i posted this earlier in this thread, just switch one page back.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

The build.xml file isn't on the bugfix branch either, I'm posting the first lines of the output of the CVS checkout, as well as the command itself, you can see it complains the file isn't found on the server.

Code:
                      harpo@raptorjesus:~$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@www.open-xchange.com:/cvsroot co -j bf_6_4 open-xchange
                      cvs checkout: CVS password file /home/harpo/.cvspass does not exist - creating a new file
                      cvs checkout: Updating open-xchange
                      cvs checkout: file open-xchange/ChangeLog does not exist, but is present in revision bf_6_4
                      cvs checkout: file open-xchange/build.xml does not exist, but is present in revision bf_6_4

Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

that was my fault - the option for checking out a defined branch is "-r", not "-j" (thats for merging).

Sorry

Comment

Thank you for the tip, it worked and compiled flawlessly.
                          I'm following the installation guide from the wiki.
                          At section V2, the installation of the admindaemon, cvs is again used to download some packages.
                          I added the -r bf_6_4 option for coherence, is this correct? The code doesen't appear to compile otherwise.
                          The program seems to install correctly, and the open-xchange-admin daemon seems to start correctly.
                          However, when I reach section V3, where I am supposed to call oxinstaller to set up the database, the file is nowhere to be found, it's not in /opt/open-xchange/sbin, and a search showed up no results.
                          What should I do?

Comment

open-xchange-admin ant build failures

Hi,

I have the bf_6_4 version of the open-xchange-admin* projects and when I build it looks good until near what looks like the end:

Code:
                            BUILD FAILED
                            /tmp/open-xchange-admin/build.xml:358: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                            /tmp/open-xchange-admin/build.xml:161: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                            /tmp/open-xchange-admin-plugin-backup/build.xml:76: Could not create task or type of type: chown.

I took a look at build.xml in the cases:
                            358:
                            Code:
                                    <antcall target="install-plugins"></antcall>
                                            <antcall target="install-console"></antcall>
                            161:
                            Code:
                                            <subant failonerror="true" inheritall="false" target="install">
                                            <fileset dir="../" includes="open-xchange-admin-plugin**/build.xml"/>
                            76: (...plugin-backup)
                            Code:
                            <chown file="${destdir}/var/opt/open-xchange/backups" owner="root"></chown>
                            I'm running as root, so the chown shouldn't complain I don't think. Unfortunately I'm not an ant guru... Any ideas?

Comment

Hi,

it seems not all "ant" packages are installed. Some of them carry so called "ant-tasks" which are special routines which may be splitted to different packages at your distribution.

Greetings

Comment

15 Errors when trying to build open-xchange on suse 10.3

Hi Community,

when trying to build open-xchange on suse 10.3 i get the following output:

ant -Dlib.dir=/opt/open-xchange/lib install
                                Buildfile: build.xml

prepare:
                                [mkdir] Created dir: /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/build
                                [mkdir] Created dir: /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/tmp

patchVersionJava:
                                [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/server

compile:
                                [javac] Compiling 1081 source files to /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/build
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/api2/MailInterfaceImpl.java:1802: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] final int[] matchSeqNums = imapFolder.getProtocol().search(searchTerm);
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/api2/MailInterfaceImpl.java:3307: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] originalMsgFolder.getProtocol().uidexpunge(
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/api2/MailInterfaceImpl.java:4380: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] imapCon.getImapFolder().getProtocol().uidexpunge(I MAPUtils.toUIDSet(uids));
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/api2/MailInterfaceImpl.java:4430: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] imapCon.getImapFolder().getProtocol().uidexpunge(I MAPUtils.toUIDSet(msgUIDs));
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/api2/MailInterfaceImpl.java:4539: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] imapCon.getImapFolder().getProtocol().uidexpunge(I MAPUtils.toUIDSet(msgUIDs));
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:208: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] final IMAPProtocol p = fld.getProtocol();
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:751: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] final IMAPProtocol p = imapFolder.getProtocol();
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:762: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] final IMAPProtocol p = ((IMAPFolder) store.getDefaultFolder()).getProtocol();
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:1102: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:1155: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:1210: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:1263: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/IMAPUtils.java:1340: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/command/FetchIMAPCommand.java:901: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] if (imapFolder.getProtocol().isREV1()) {
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/src/com/openexchange/imap/command/FetchIMAPCommand.java:917: getProtocol() has private access in com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder
                                [javac] command.append(craftHeaderCmd(imapFolder.getProtoc ol(), hdrs));
                                [javac] ^
                                [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
                                [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
                                [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
                                [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
                                [javac] 15 errors

BUILD FAILED
                                /home/timo/bin/open-xchange/build.xml:114: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 45 seconds
                                Does anyone know what's wrong with my configuration an what to do?

Thanks,

Timo

Comment

Working...
                                X