Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when creating defaultcontext

Hi all,

after years of working with exchange, I wanted to start testing ox so installed everything on fedore 8 using the installation document.

Everything installes without failures exept for the last thing: creating the context and the user account

when I enter:
    $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P secret -c 1 \
    -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p secret -L defaultcontext \
    -e oxadmin@example.com -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all

offcourse I entered the right credentials for oxadminmaster, I get following failure:

context 1 could not be created:
    Server response:
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientC onnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    -bash-3.2#

I tried reading the logfile:

Feb 2, 2009 10:17:16 AM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorageCommon deleteContextFromConfigDB
    SEVERE: Unable to determine db_schema of context 1
    Feb 2, 2009 10:17:16 AM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage create
    SEVERE: Storage Error
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.StorageExcep tion: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientC onnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXUtil MySQLStorageCommon.createDatabase(OXUtilMySQLStora geCommon.java:131)
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXUtil MySQLStorage.createDatabase(OXUtilMySQLStorage.jav a:397)
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java: 1135)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.createma incall(OXContext.java:724)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImp l.createcommon(OXContextCommonImpl.java:146)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.create(O XContext.java:204)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:623)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastSe rverRef.java:323)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:1 77)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport. java:173)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( TCPTransport.java:553)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run0(TCPTransport.java:808)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(TCPTransport.java:667)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:675)

But all of this sais nothing to me.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction. I'm really stuck here!
    What more things can I check. What can be wrong. I redid the whole installation, but it goes wrong on the same point.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2009, 12:18 PM.

Originally posted by arno View Post
    Hi all,

after years of working with exchange, I wanted to start testing ox so installed everything on fedore 8 using the installation document.

Everything installes without failures exept for the last thing: creating the context and the user account

when I enter:
    $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P secret -c 1 \
    -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p secret -L defaultcontext \
    -e oxadmin@example.com -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all

offcourse I entered the right credentials for oxadminmaster, I get following failure:

context 1 could not be created:
    Server response:
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientC onnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    -bash-3.2#

[...]
    Could not create connection to the database server means, that the connection to the database server could not be established.

Did you check whether you can connect to the database?

Comment

I did the command:

$ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --servername=oxserver --configdb-pass=db_password \
      --master-pass=admin_master_password

and this created succesfully the database

when I check with listdatabase:

-bash-3.2# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/listdatabase -A oxadminmaster -P secret
      id name hostname master mid weight maxctx curctx hlimit max inital
      4 oxdatabase localhost true 0 100 1000 0 false 100 2
      -bash-3.2#

it shows the oxdatabase exists; so I guess I can connect to the database.

What o' what can be wrong??!!

Comment

Okay, switched to Ubunto 8.04 to try the same, but I even can't get open-xchange to install because of j2re1.5 (sun-java5-jre) depency.

I tried to find this jre for amd64, but can't find it anywhere in the repositories.

So, ubunto gives me even more bad luck as fedora

could it be the fact that i'm using amd64 that I can't get it to work?

I would apreciate if someone could help me with this.

Comment

Hi,

amd64 is not a problem, a jre is available: http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/sun-java5-jre

have you subscribed the multiverse repository of ubuntu?

Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X