Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 404 on Admin GUI Logon

Hello,

i'm a little bis sorry for opening another thread with this subject but although i have found the other posts related to this error, i still cannot figure out what's going wrong on my server...

I did the package-based install on a Debian VPS and compiled the Admin GUI from the sources checked out with CVS. I believe i have followed the documentation but i cannot log on to the Admin GUI, i always receive a 404 error when trying to do so.

I tried to access the example http://mydomain.tld/ajax site but i get an 404 instead of a 503... how can i figure out what's wrong? Maybe i have some specials to look at because i have installed Plesk 8.4?

I'd be happy to get some hints!

Greetings,
    amstrs

Hello,

okay this issue is a bit hard to explain, i'll try to make clear what the "Admin GUI" is.

On one side there is a AJAX Admin Interface which shows all kinds of functional elements at the browser. This interface is based on HTML and Javascript, it does not have any functionality other than displaying content and interact with the user. Those interactions are sent to the server.
    On the other side, we have a server implementation which offers a API where commands triggered by the GUI are executed at the server itself. This implementation is part of the Open-Xchange Adminservice itself, it is not a part of a GUI.
    The GUI and the Server are connected via Servlets talking JSON (a data interexchange language). For example a click to the delete button for a user at the UI triggers a event like "userid:2". This piece of information is sent to the servlet which is represented as a URL like "your-server.com/oxadmin/user?action=delete". The "oxadmin" servlet forwards that request to the Server itself which executes everything that is required to delete the user with id 2.

The cause why we do not package a Admin GUI with OX 6.5 is pretty simple - this interface has not been taken over from 6.4 to 6.5, so even if you have the Admin GUI from 6.4 there is no compatible Adminservice that understands what the GUI is requesting. Using the Adminservice of 6.4 in cooperation with a Groupware 6.5 will also fail because some things have changed on both parts.

Hope that clarifies some stuff
    Martin Braun
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-09-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Hello,

thanks for the background information - i understand that even if i was able to log on, all i would get was a non-functional interface. So command-line configuration is the way to chose.

Nevertheless i'd like to understand why i get that 404 instead of the 503... but that is probably not to be discussed here, since it is not relevant for the current 6.5 release.

Thank you for your quick response Martin.

Greetings,
      amstrs

PS: Is a graphical user interface planned for administering 6.5?

Comment

You get a 404 because the GUI tries to access a servlet which does not exist (/oxadmin/)

Comment

Working...
        X