Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install at vServer without 127.0.0.1

Hello,

I want to install OX at a vServer without a interface 127.0.0.1. His local loop interface is 127.0.0.30 and it also insert in /etc/hosts. OX is completly correct installed (without any error messages) but when I want to initializing the database with

Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --oxdb-pass=secret --admin-pass=secret --maildomain example.com
    i get
    Code:
    initializing database (step 1/2)
    done
    Configuring services
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
    setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
    setting AUTO_TO_LOWERCASE_UID in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
    (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
    and the logfile says

Code:
    21.04.2008 13:14:51 org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPService <init>
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Could not create sender to [127.0.0.1:57462] -- Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:57462
    21.04.2008 13:14:51 org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPCacheManager fixService
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:57462
    21.04.2008 13:14:51 org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheRestore canFix
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Can't fix Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:57462
    21.04.2008 13:14:51 org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPService <init>
    I changed the ip address in several files to 127.0.0.30, the logfile entrys change to
    Code:
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Could not create sender to [127.0.0.30:57462] -- Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.30:57462
    21.04.2008 14:09:34 org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPCacheManager fixService
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.30:57462
    21.04.2008 14:09:34 org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheRestore canFix
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Can't fix Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.30:57462
    Does anybody has some ideas?

Hi,

those messages are related to JCS which is used to set up groupware clusters - should be unrelated to your setup, or did you encounter some serious problems besides those log entry?

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

i donĀ“t what the problem exactly is, but as i described, the server stands at the following messages

Code:
      initializing database (step 1/2)
      done
      Configuring services
      setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
      setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
      setting AUTO_TO_LOWERCASE_UID in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
      (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
      and nothing happens.

Do you know this problem? For your informations: i want to install it at a clean debian etch.

Comment

I have OX running on a fresh Ubuntu 8.04 Linux-Vserver without local loopback 127.0.0.1. I made some notes for myself - in german - with all the needed steps for a manual installation. If you are interested I can send you my notes. They should work for Debian too.

I had some problems with the setup too. At the moment I can think of two things you could check: Is the bind-adress of your mysql Server set to 127.0.0.30 as your setup request? Did you leave the root password for the mysql-server blank when you installed it? Ubuntu asks three times for a password but you should not set one at that point.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2008, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X