Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more basic questions

Hi Folks,

I am a little bit confused about hyperion administration. Maybe I just look on the wrong place, would be nice if you could give me some advice...

1. How could a user change his password, or any other personal data (e.g. name)?

2. If I add a user to a task and the user accepted this task, isn't it possible that the tasks timeline is added to the calendar?

3. What is the folders entry 'Shared Folders' for? I could do nothing with it, only show properties...

4. For project issues, we want to use a defined folder tree with right settings for all subfolders. Is there some way to copy a complete folder structure including rights?

5. If I create a team, it seams that this team is only available for the user who created it. Isn't it possible to share a team selection? Same for links. Seams that links are only viewable by the user who created the link. Is this depending on some group/team settings or if the task is on a public or private folder? Something wrong on my system?

Thx in advance

Originally posted by derryl View Post
    1. How could a user change his password, or any other personal data (e.g. name)?
    PM will answer that, I guess.

2. If I add a user to a task and the user accepted this task, isn't it possible that the tasks timeline is added to the calendar?
    AFAIK that does not happen now, but imho it is a very good idea. You should write a feature request for that. Might make Francisco happy...

3. What is the folders entry 'Shared Folders' for? I could do nothing with it, only show properties...
    Well, you should be able to share folders with that. Take UserA, take one of his folders (e.g. Calendar), edit the properties, go to the 'rights' tab, add a user you want to share data with (e.g. UserB). Now log in as UserB, watch the shared folder. You should be able to see UserA's calendar there filed as UserA/Calendar.

Maybe that solves part of question #5, also.

Btw.: Thanks for the question, I found a little bug there: The first folder (the one with the username) created is not refreshed automatically, so you have to log in and out to refresh that... will be fixed soon, I guess.

Kind regards,
    Tierlieb

Comment

Hi,
      I have the same problems with a fresh install .
      A would like to edit users informations but the changeuser script doesn't seem to work .

Is there a way to edit them manually ?
      Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2007, 09:58 PM.

Comment

You could try to update the 'user' and 'prg_contact' table in the database, though this is hardly advisable. There's a reason for the program usually sitting on top, right? What are you trying to change?

Comment

Hi Francisco

I would like to change the display name , the user quota (i have already done it in cyrus but still have a message tha the mailbox is full in OX ) and the password .

Comment

Originally posted by kld View Post
            Hi Francisco

I would like to change the display name , the user quota (i have already done it in cyrus but still have a message tha the mailbox is full in OX ) and the password .
            Which software versions are you running?
            Post all relevant config files like imapd.conf.
            You restarted all services after changing the services configs?
            What do the logs say?

Daniel

Comment

The display name, IIRC is field01 in prg_contacts (though Ben is the authority on this), so you can update that. The mailbox quota is fetched directly from the IMAP server, so if your cyradm says the quota has a certain value, so will the webfrontend.

Comment

Working...
              X