Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax Error in server Reply!!

Hi all,
    i have newly installed OX server Hyperion.
    everyything seemed OK, untill i logged in, in the server. here when i click EMail button in OXModules tab, a pop-up pops up with this messege :
    "
    Syntax error in server reply:
    syntax error.
    "
    I'm using ubuntu, i don't know exactly which version (6 or sth like that)
    my postfix & cyrus seems to work, but i'm not sure (how can i check them?)

Any idea?
    Thanks in advance :-)

Hi,

i am not sure what causes that error, but did you try to recompile to GUI? Is there any error output at the server logfiles? (/var/log/open-xchange/*)

Greetings

Comment

I've compiled GUI 3 times!!! no difference at all!
      i checked /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0 file, right when seeing that damn error,
      there is some kind of NullPointerException there
      I don' remember exactly what was that, cause i'm at home now, but it deals with HttpServletRequest!
      I will post full stack trace ASAP,
      Heeeelp, pleaaase (

Comment

NullPointerExceptions occur at the groupware server, not at the gui. I assume this is a server related problem, did you mention any errors while building the open-xchange source?

Comment

At the first time, yes, and it was due to problems with dos & unix
          but at the second time i compiled it & no problemmo has been occured
          I did all of this in hope that it woul change the matter, but it didn't
          By the way, i tried to send a mail via console, i sent a mail to mailaddress of one of OX's users, next when i logged on with that account, there was 1 email in inbox folder! i clicked on inbox, and again that error appeared!
          I really don't know what to do...
          (

Comment

Hi,

this only means that you E-Mail setup is correct, it really seems to be a problem with the groupware but i am not able to reproduce it... sending mail works just fine with the CVS checkout from yesterday. Did you try to remove all sources and start again with compiling?

Comment

Ok, I downloaded last source from CVS Repository last night, i compiled all from the beginning, and again that error is on the screen, i'm getting mad!
              This is that NullPointerException i told you before, it was in /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0

22/08/2007 10:10:18 com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool run
              FINEST: Clean run ending. Time: 10
              22/08/2007 10:10:25 com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener run
              SEVERE: AJP-0001 Category=7 Message=[Not available] exceptionID=1575258017-514
              AJP-0001 Category=7 Message=[Not available] exceptionID=1575258017-514
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJ Pv13Listener.java:302)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
              Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
              at com.openexchange.tools.servlet.http.HttpServletMan ager.getServlet(HttpServletManager.java:112)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler. setServletInstance(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:540)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13ForwardRequest. processForwardRequest(AJPv13ForwardRequest.java:30 6)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13ForwardRequest. processRequest(AJPv13ForwardRequest.java:157)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler. processPackage(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:305)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.proc essRequest(AJPv13Connection.java:161)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJ Pv13Listener.java:245)
              ... 1 more
              22/08/2007 10:10:25 com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener run
              SEVERE: AJP-0001 Category=7 Message=[Not available] exceptionID=1575258017-515
              AJP-0001 Category=7 Message=[Not available] exceptionID=1575258017-515
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJ Pv13Listener.java:302)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
              Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
              at com.openexchange.tools.servlet.http.HttpServletMan ager.getServlet(HttpServletManager.java:112)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler. setServletInstance(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:540)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13ForwardRequest. processForwardRequest(AJPv13ForwardRequest.java:30 6)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13ForwardRequest. processRequest(AJPv13ForwardRequest.java:157)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler. processPackage(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:305)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.proc essRequest(AJPv13Connection.java:161)
              at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJ Pv13Listener.java:245)
              ... 1 more

Does it say anything?!

Comment

Working...
              X