Clear All

• installing OX from the CVS

Hi!

Could somebody give me any hint how to install OX from the CVS:

Code:
    :pserver:anonymous@www.open-xchange.com:/cvsroot
    Thanks!

Hi,

server installations from CVS are not recommended since it requires a large amount of time, is pretty error prone and requires a large toolchain to be set up on the server. For server environments we strongly recommend using binary packages suitable for your distribution: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...ed_on_packages
    If you want to use the most recent (unstable) development branch, take the snapshot or nightly packages. Using the CVS sources is only required and recommended when setting up a development environment.

Greetings

Comment

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I can't find any binary package for FreeBSD. That's why I'm trying to use the CVS. Could you give me better way how to install OX on FreeBSD?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

i'm not sure if OX will run on *BSD at all since some scripts use tools that behave another way on other operating systems than on Linux. Compiling the Java code for other operating systems is not required, you could install on a Linux machine from packages and copy the installed software to your BSD machine.

Greetings

Comment

You cant be serious?

I cannot believe that a project of this size this is all the information we get.

That is such a dirty time consuming work around..aside from the fact not even an option for a lot of users. Why not OX do this and post the software that is needed for FreeBSD users?

I for one am a user that has been looking for information, called..did not get a call back - calling tomorrow...still looking for a solution.

On top of that I am sitting her CREDIT CARD in hand ready to buy this product if I can get some help installing it on what I feel is a superior OS.

A little disgruntled.

Michael

Comment

Michael,

OX does not support FreeBSD because it is not relevant to us in most cases - you might prove us wrong. If you want to support and maintain packages for FreeBSD, you're very welcome to do so, but don't expect us to support every operating system out there.
            We do not divide between "superior" and "mediocre" operating systems by a matter of religion or anything else. Its plain and simple about the demand we see for platforms. The most used are Debian, SLES and RHEL (all Linux) - thats what we currently support.
            What exactly makes you think that OX will run better on FreeBSD than on Linux?

Greetings
            Last edited by Martin Heiland; 09-01-2009, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMichael View Post
              I cannot believe that a project of this size this is all the information we get.

That is such a dirty time consuming work around..aside from the fact not even an option for a lot of users. Why not OX do this and post the software that is needed for FreeBSD users?
              We have some very basic instructions on how to access and compile the source code:

We would be very glad to see installation instructions for FreeBSD users. Any help is strongly appreciated!

The software requirements can be found into the packaging metadata of either the debian or the rpm packages.

I for one am a user that has been looking for information, called..did not get a call back - calling tomorrow...still looking for a solution.

On top of that I am sitting her CREDIT CARD in hand ready to buy this product if I can get some help installing it on what I feel is a superior OS.

A little disgruntled.

Michael
              We currently do not support any other OS then the five we mention on http://www.open-xchange.com/oxpedia#OXHESECommercial

If you want us to support any other OS, please contact us http://www.open-xchange.com/en/contactus, if the business case is big enough, we might come together.

Comment

Working...
              X