Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX <--> Funambol session problem

Hello,

I managed to set up the OX community edition with the latest Funambol-Server. Syncing works perfectly. Unfortunately after some time I cannot login to OX anymore. I keeps saying that the session size exceeded. From the logs I can see that funambol keeps connecting to the OX-server in the background. Unfortunately it does not quit the session after connecting. My first idea was to raise the session limit per user. But isn't there a way to tell the OX-connector to quit the session. Raising the session limit, will not solve the problem, because sometimes the higher limit will also be exceeded.

Mathias

Code:
    SES-0007 Category=8 Message=Max. session size for user 5 in context 1 exceeded exceptionID=2079112937-133
    	at com.openexchange.sessiond.impl.SessionHandler.addSession(SessionHandler.java:248)
    	at com.openexchange.sessiond.impl.SessiondServiceImpl.addSession(SessiondServiceImpl.java:77)
    	at com.openexchange.ajax.Login.doGet(Login.java:191)
    	at com.openexchange.ajax.Login.doPost(Login.java:440)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
    	at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServlet.java:376)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:120)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:466)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:197)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Listener.java:259)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Hi,

this is a protective mechanism to avoid session flooding and server ddos attacks. Only a limited amount of sessions per user (or per server) is allowed. This can be configured at
    /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/sessiond.properties
    Code:
    # maximum number of concurrent sessions, 0 stands for unlimited
    com.openexchange.sessiond.maxSession:5000

# maximum number of concurrent sessions per user, a value less than or equal to zero means unlimited
    com.openexchange.sessiond.maxSessionPerUser:0
    If you set all limits to "0" an unlimited amount of sessions can be created - unused sessions will time out after a while so if there are not too many users creating many sessions they will expire before problems with too much sessions occur.
    However - i agree that the funambol connector must close its sessions - the question is how many session it produces and if those unclosed sessions are just a one-in-thousand phenomenon or if every session is left unclosed.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 01-14-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Dear Martin,

thank you for the information. I will keep an eye on the ox-connector, if the problem persists.

Comment

Working...
      X