Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX + KDE Addressbook

Hi,

I have some problems using the CardDAV resource of OX in KDE. After adding OX as a DAV Resource in Akonadi, I can access all contacts and calendars in KOrganizer / KAddressbook. Unfortunately the contacts in KAddressbook are some kind of broken: Every text-field (e.g. name, mail addresses, but not phone numbers) has an extra trailing white-space character. After searching around a bit, it seems that this extra-character is a carriage return (\r). To make it worse: Saving a contact in KAddressbook syncs the extra-character back to OX.

My guess is that OX is using Windows-style line endings in the CardDAV interface and the Akonadi resource can't handle this. I don't know what's the standard line ending for CardDAV and where the incompatibility is?

Does anyone know, how I can work around this? Is there a configuration option in OX to change the default line ending for DAV resources?

My OX installation is on a Debian jessie machine running on OpenJDK (IcedTea 2.6.6). My client machine is Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks in advance!

Same installation, same problem... :-/

Comment

@MatteoC: Unfortunately I didn't find a solution so far. As a workaround I switched to Thunderbird + Lightning + Cardbook - not only because of this issue here but also because of several other issues concerning KMail.

You can find Cardbook here:
      A new Thunderbird address book based on the CardDAV and vCard standards. Twitter: @CardBookAddon

Note that the support for OX in Cardbook is not perfect. I also think that sometimes mail addresses or phone numbers get lost - I'm still evaluating this. Especially editing existing contacts is not very good. For me, it's ok to view my contacts and editing them in OX.

Comment

Working...
      X