Clear All

• New workgroup system

Hello!

I am about to install a new workgroup system on my company. So far we use:

* Postfix
    * Cyrus Imap
    * OpenLDAP
    * Horde (Webmail)

For handling the mail system but we would like to add calendar support and so on. We would like to be able to sync with mainly Outlook.

Since we have central authentication built that handles authentication for:
    * Samba
    * Subversion repostory (Apache https).
    * An own profile database application (web based).

In the future we want to have a CRM system also.

One strong requirement is LDAP authentication. Today we run a 64 bit debian distribution (but that can change).

My question is:
    is open exchange fit for this environment.
    We are about to buy a new server and operating system and some software to handle this.

Please advice..

Best regards,
    Mats Loman

Originally posted by malo View Post
    My question is:
    is open exchange fit for this environment.
    We are about to buy a new server and operating system and some software to handle this.
    All components that you mention sound familiar to me. I am sure that it is possible to integrate Open-Xchange into your environment with a little bit of work. E.g. right now OX authenticates against a MySQL database but with a little bit of effort that can be changed. In that case you should be able to install OX, authenticate against LDAP, use Cyrus as IMAP server. With the OX APIs it should also be possible to easily integrate OX data into other applications or the other way round.

Out of the box, you won't succeed with all integration that ou need but the basics are there and I do not see any reason hy you should un into big troubles. Anyone else seeing probelms anywhere?

René

Comment

Working...
    X