ox user management with imap through Linux users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ox user management with imap through Linux users

Hey guys, I have a problem with the open-xchange user management.

I want to build an open-xchange AppSuite mail server with postfix and dovecot for imap service with only one place to manage users as simple as possible. The mail server is just for a small company with about ten people so I want to keep it simple and manage the users easily, so everybody will have their own Linux system user. So if a new member enters the company, they just need to add an extra Linux user (useradd -m userx) and the new guy can login into open-xchange with his username und password and use everything the open-xchange AppSuite provides.
    Dovecot is also configured to store Mails in everybodys home directory.

So I have now about two system users with their imap logins. And I am able to receive and send mails with thunderbird through smtp and imap. Now I want to login into open-xchange with this account but everytime I try it says:
    “The user name or password is incorrect. (LGI-0006)” or
    “Cannot find user with identifier "user" in context 1. (USR-0015)”

I did not create the specific user for open-xchange with /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser, but the default context is created by the guide from the knowledgebase.

The package open-xchange-authentication-imap is also installed and the configuration file
    /opt/open-xchange/etc/imapauth.properties is correct. I tried to login via user and user@domain.tld.

Is it possible to create a Linux User with dovecot IMAP Service and to use open-xchange with this user, so I dont have to create extra users with /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser.

Thanks in advance

This is not possible with Open-Xchange. The user always need to exist within OX before you can use it. This basic principle is just a given. If you would use LDAP we are providing an unsupported tool called oxldapsync. Something similar you can build on your own as well or if it's just for "a company with about ten people" then just create them manually. Or for example build a script called "useradd" which does everything including "createuser".

Comment

Working...
    X