Identifies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifies?

is there a way to set up identities built-in to Open-Xchange (Hosted or ASE) or available as a plug-in/add-on? If memory serves, some apps/programs call them personas or some such.

For example, a user has two email addresses that forward to a common email account. To make up an example, Joe actually does two jobs at "company.com":
    • big-head-ceo-guy@company.com
    • trash-take-outer-slave@company.com

The user wants to be able to reply with the appropriate email account, signature, etc.,

Back story: we're looking at possible purchase of ASE or Hosted. I'm testing the ASE demo (the VMWare instance you can download from open-exchange.com) as part of evaluation.

Every user can get alternative addresses assigned from the user administration (I'm currently not sure if ASE allows it but I guess so). The user is not able to set them in his personal interface though.

Comment

External/not internal

Originally posted by Wolfgang Rosenauer View Post
      Every user can get alternative addresses assigned from the user administration (I'm currently not sure if ASE allows it but I guess so). The user is not able to set them in his personal interface though.
      I haven't messed with it. Looks possible. But, I'm thinking of both external and internal email addresses. As far as I can tell, there's no built in way to do it. I suspect it could be crafted with a plug-in/add on (e.g. working off of http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...account_plugin). I'm wondering if someone has already built such a creature.

Comment

Oh gads. I should have titled this thread "Identities".

For clarity, it's pretty clear there's not a built-in way to do this. But, it seems like it would be possible to do this for both internal & external email addresses (e.g. building off the example of http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...account_plugin). My question is whether someone has already created such a beast (an "Identities plugin") and/or where I would look for it (e.g. a site/page cataloging plugins/add-ons to OX).

Comment

Working...
        X