Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double mail directories

Hi,

I have a problem with my mail directories.
    All directories are twice avaiable. One folder-set is a child of the inbox and its clone is a sibling of the inbox (look at the attached picture).
    If I delete or create one folder the same happens with its clone. The mails are also cloned. Only the trash-folder (outside of the inbox) do not really delete the mails.

At thunderbird is erveything ok, only the folders in the inbox are existing.
    The listing of mail folders in the file system seems to be alright (look at the second picture).

What can I do or where can I start to search for fixing this problem?

Thanks,
    cornfelt

ps. I use ox 6.6, dovecot 1.1.7
    Attached Files

Hi,

this is really strange - does it occur every time? If it does - a network sniff on port 143 (IMAP) would be very nice to find the issue. Please make sure to remove all sensitive data like folder names or user credentials. Are there any "special" customizations of dovecot or the OX configuration?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

yes it occurs every time.

I tested it with another and a new ox-user, there is the same problem.

I can't send you a tcpdump, because the oxserver and the mailserver are on the same computer.
      As regards the customizations I think there is no special.
      On ox I have only the mailfilter.properties changed and it can't be dovecot (I think so), because in thunderbird it works very well.
      Anyway, I send you my dovecot.conf (attached).

Have you other ideas?

cornfelt

ps. I send you a tcpdump from imap-request by using thunderbird. Maybe you can see there something. I used "tcpdump -i eth0 -n |grep 143".
      Attached Files

Comment

I also abstract the dovecotinfo.log and attached it too.

there are two lines of maildir(++).

could this the reason???
        Attached Files

Comment

solved

I think I solved it.

dovecot was the reason, better my dovecot.conf. I comment out the second namespace section and the clones are gone.

Still I have one question. Is it possible to delete mails directly without the detour via the trash-folder?

In thunderbird I can do it with [shift]-[del], but in ox I didn't find a way?

thanks,

cornfelt.
          Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2008, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hi,

you could do tcpdump on localhost (device: lo) to get the communication ox<->dovecot on the same host.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
            X