New Install Remote IMAP Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Install Remote IMAP Server

I have a fresh install of OX Hyperion. It is on Ubuntu 7.10 and I used the latest installer. It appears to run well and I can add users as well. I am trying to use it as a shared calendar/contacts and individual webmail client for my family.

I added my first user like this:

sudo ./createuser --dbonly -A oxadmin -P "MYPASS" -u "User Name" -d "Dan Nelson" -g "Dan" -s "Nelson" -p "User PWD" -e "email" -l "en_US" -t "Europe/Zagreb" -M on --imapserver "my remote imap server:993" --smtpserver "my remote smtp:25" -c 1

I also changed the settings in the imap.properties file and added a user in cyrus imap.

However, I am getting a login failure with my user name and password when trying to login in to OX.

I am also getting the error message:

Error: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

when I stop and start the open-xchange-restart-services service.

What is wrong with my setup? I can't figure it out at all.

Hi,

did you already took a look at the network traffic at the IMAP server when logging in? I think thats the best method to debug this, you should disable SSL for this purpose - if you are no SSL native reader

Greetings

Comment

I got it up and running now without SSL as you suggested. So now I have a few questions.

1. Can it work with an SSL connection? I need this. And it didn't run before. Did I simply fudge the imap.properties file and the user configuration?

2. The IMAP is great but I really want it to download all email via IMAP and store it locally on my home server as a backup to my hosted data. Can I do that?

3. Finally, on the email view, how do I get rid of that top bar with the reply buttons and mail flags. I prefer to preview my email as opposed to opening every one for reading and that top bar takes up far too much space.

Thanks, so far this looks like an excellent application.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by taligent View Post
        1. Can it work with an SSL connection? I need this. And it didn't run before. Did I simply fudge the imap.properties file and the user configuration?
        Yes, sure you can. To enable this, you've to enable IMAPS and SMTPS at the imap.properties file, restart the groupware, and define a ssl port at the users imapserver, as you already did - dunno whats the problem right now, i'll check this myself tomorrow. Alternatively you could try using a imaps://server:993/ syntax when specifying the IMAP server, but i am not sure if this works properly.
        2. The IMAP is great but I really want it to download all email via IMAP and store it locally on my home server as a backup to my hosted data. Can I do that?
        Yup, every major E-Mail Client supports downloading of headers or the complete E-Mail data. Additionally you can backup the /var/spool/cyrus/... folder structure, it holds all E-Mail in mbox format. Another option would be synchronizing all E-Mail to another IMAP server using imapsync.
        3. Finally, on the email view, how do I get rid of that top bar with the reply buttons and mail flags. I prefer to preview my email as opposed to opening every one for reading and that top bar takes up far too much space.
        Well, the GUI is somewhat static at the moment when it comes to user customization. I am afraid, but that is not possible at the moment - but the GUI team is aware of this and other problems and we're preparing the UI to be themable, i guess first results will hit the CVS soon. As the top bar is one of the main interface elements it cannot be removed or hidden at the moment. The "List" view should show as much E-Mail header information as possible if your visible area is limited - or try V-Split.

btw.
        The "open-xchange-restart-services" should not be used - it's only useful at the Express Edition and may cause some problems on other systems. If you want to restart the OX Groupware, just use /etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware restart

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 02-04-2008, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Great. Thanks for the quick reply. I have SSL working now and am looking into imapsync. Looks perfect so thanks for the tip. Two more questions and a possible problem.

1. The question is how do I get my email to show on the portal page? I can't find a config option for that and I get "No Items Available" in the email window.

2. How do I add multiple sending addresses to a user account? I see the dropdown, but haven't found the option to add identities to my users.

And the problem is that the time zone option allows me to enter Europe/Zagreb, but when the user comes up Europe/Zagreb is not a option in the dropdown for time zone.

Comment

Hi,

all unread mail of the INBOX folder should be shown at the E-Mail section of the Portal page. To save performance, only the INBOX is listed but no subfolders.
            You can set other sender addresses by using the -a or --alias parameter at the command line tools. By setting a --defaultsenderaddress you can specify which one of those aliases is preselected. About the timezone problem, well i guess Zagreb is just not listed at the dropdown list because somebody missed it - what a shame for such a beautiful city. We show all default timezones offered by Java in that selection box. Anyway, as Zagreb is also GMT+1, you may use any other Europe/City name which is located at the same timezone.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
            X