Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment file names, removing attachments

Hi all,

After a successful install of Hyperion, I have the following two issues... these are related to the web gui.

When creating a new mail message, adding attachments works as expected. After sending it or saving it as drafts, however, the attachment file name appears totally screwed up, with "funny" characters galore. This is probably some issue with charset handling. Hasn't anybody experienced this problem before? It happens consistently, in Windows (IE or FF2, FF3), and in Linux (FF3). This is really a showstopper for me...

The other issue is, when forwarding a mail message, clicking on the "remove attachment" button seemingly does nothing. It _does_ remove the attachment, but there is no visual feedback of this. Once again, this is a real pain because my users do this all the time...

Thank you for any help you may give... these two issues are really a problem for me. I wouldn't want my users to use fat clients, and the gui really shines, it would be a pitty.

Thanks again

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

could you please specify what language/characterset you're using when experiencing those funny filenames? And what version of OX did you install 6.4.2 has some bugs at the webmailer like you described but they're fixed with 6.5 afaik.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi Pedro,

could you please specify what language/characterset you're using when experiencing those funny filenames? And what version of OX did you install 6.4.2 has some bugs at the webmailer like you described but they're fixed with 6.5 afaik.

Greetings
      Hi Martin,

Thank you for yet another fast reply. Yes, the OX version is 6.4.2... the charset is UTF-8. Do you think using another charset might help?
      If 6.5 fixes this, then I will try to install it. In your opinion, is it mature enough for a production environment? I think I saw a how-to in the hacks section (written by you!)... I think I will give it a try on a VM.

Thanks...

Comment

Hey Pedro,

are you sure the filename of the attached file is really UTF-8 when uploading? For example when using a Windows Operating System the locale of the filename is (in most cases) a regional charset. The OX website is displayed in pure UTF-8 which is correct but the browser sends the filename with the local charset of the computer where the file is located.

6.5 is stable in terms of does-not-crash and wont-delete-all-your-data but there is still some work todo, that's why we call it beta. You're welcome to give it a try and maybe provide some feedback if the problems are solved with that release. Otherwise a public beta is a great opportunity to get you input to the final release!

Greetings

Comment

Working...
        X