Install error in Debian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install error in Debian

Hi just created a new debian 5 to install Open-Xchange, I'd followed the install guide but i get errors at:

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerfilestore -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password -t file:/var/opt/filestore

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerdatabase -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password \-n oxdatabase -p db_password -m true

Getting:

filestore could not be registered:
    Error: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Just checked /host and set java version to 1.5 without success.

Btw the login window at http://127.0.0.1/ox6/ox.html shows a 503 error (well no it seems java error)

Any help?

BTW the repository shows a http://127.0.0.1/ox6/ox.html NO_PUBKEY DD1A5E9CEED949F0
    http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6...nEtch/Packages 401 Authorization Required
    Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2010, 12:19 PM.

After creating a new server I'd been testing the pdf install guide.

in :

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxapp -A oxadminmaster \ -P mypw

I get:

server could not be registered:
    Error: connection failed to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Conexión rehusada

and in mkdir data/filestores/fs1 a cannot create file error.

I'm trying in Debian 5 without success

Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by wolf View Post
      After creating a new server I'd been testing the pdf install guide.

in :

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxapp -A oxadminmaster \ -P mypw

I get:

Error: connection failed to host: blockedcontent; nested exception is:
      java.net.ConnectException: Conexión rehusada

and in mkdir data/filestores/fs1 a cannot create file error.

I'm trying in Debian 5 without success

Any help?
      ... hope you didn't type the "\", because it only discribes a line break in the guide. Just skip it and try again.
      Viele Grüße
      Rene

JRE: openjdk-8-jre, Maria-DB, Apache 2.4, Dovecot
      OX-Server backend: OXSE latest
      OX-frontend: OX appsuite latest

Comment

Nope, I didn't type the '\'. I'm following the pdf, now in page 20, mysql -h db1 -u openexchange -P 3306 -p changing db1 with my server name never get a connection and /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --add-license=YOUR-OX-LICENSE-CODE \ --servername=oxserver --configdb-pass=db_password \ --master-pass=admin_master_password --ajp-bind-port=localhost

changing oxserver with my server name didn't fulfill the oxinstaller table, --servername & configdbpass are empty.

Comment

Have you started the open-xchange-admindaemon before executing those commands? Please check out the quick installation guide, maybe it's clearer than the pdf. http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...for_Debian_5.0
          Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'd tried almost everything, always the java error and oxinstaller shows empty server name and db password. Damn I need to get it online to test it before creating a real server, is Open-Xchange or Zimbra for us.

Comment

Hi,

could you try using the installation script? It does all the required stuff in an automated way. I don't exactly know the cause for your issue but you might give it a try on a clean debian system.

Greetings

Comment

In a clean Debian 5 installation, at the very end of the script I get:

Sleeping 10 seconds...
                Registering groupware system at the database...
                Server response:
                Exception creating connection to: 192.168.0.166; nested exception is:
                java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
                Server cannot be registered, aborting.

so....

Ok, reinstalled Debian again and reinstall OX, everything went OK, time to test.

Thank you very much.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2010, 01:06 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Hi,

i assume this was an error with /etc/hosts pointing to a wrong "localhost" IP address.

Greetings

Comment

I think so, btw which user should I user to config OX and users, oxadminmaster or oxadmin?

How can I set oxadminmaster pass?

thanx

Comment

Hi,

oxadminmaster is used for most basic functions like installation, database registration, context creation and so on. It's kind of a super-admin. It's password can be changed by using the "generatempasswd" script at the OX sbin/ directory.

Contexts are managed by the oxadmin user. This user is able to create, change, delete users, resources, groups inside a context. Each context has one separate oxadmin user, in contrast to oxadminmaster which only exists once on a server.

Greetings

Comment

Thank you very much, I'll try to create several users to check email and contact address book under Outlook clients.

Thanx.

Comment

Hmm after changing oxadminmaster password I couldn't login in the html window.

Anything else to change?.

BTW oxadmin is supposed to create new users, where?.
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hi,

oxadminmaster is not able to login to the web interface, this account is purely for low level tasks. Logging in to the web interface means: logging in to a context. Since contexts only contain an oxadmin user and normal users, oxadminmaster cannot login.

Users and contexts are created using the command line scripts at /opt/open-xchange/sbin. There are some tools like Peters Admin GUI to do it via a browser (http://oxgui.wordpress.com/).

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                            X