• Show
Clear All

• Get stuck when starting open-xchange-groupware deamon

Hello,
    when I try to start open-xchange-groupware deamon, my shell looks like this
    Code:
    Startka:~# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware
    /opt/open-xchange ~
    also I copied /tmp/open-xchange/etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware to /etc/init.d/ and /etc/default and when I try "/etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware start" it shows this error: unautorize access to memory (SIGSEGV).
    I can load the start page ox.html, when I try login as oxadmin a stuck on "40% Rebuild Tree... Please wait...".
    I'm including the /var/log/open-xchange.log.0 file.
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Tomas
    Attached Files

Hi,

Log looks fine so far. Please check js/global.js in your wwwroot. I noticed some "<<<<<<<<<<<<<" strings in it which block the gui initialization process in the browser. Those com.openexchange.admin.ajax.* exceptions at the beginning of the log are not critical, they just tell you that the admin gui plugins are not yet loaded because they are not yet on the cvs.
    Note that the GUI is independent from the daemon as long as you enter no credentials, this is not a open-xchange-groupware daemon problem.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 07-05-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I don't see any "<<<<<<" strings in my globals.js file, anyway I'm including it.
      Thanks
      Tomas
      Attached Files

Comment

Mh, ok then this error is fixed in CVS. Does some kind of JS error occur when loading the page? Try firebug (www.getfirebug.com) which is a nice debugging tool for js/html/css.

Comment

I downloaded the new source files for open-xchange, admindeamon and GUI from CVS, build them and now I'm geting 503 error, service temporarily unavailable, when I'm trying to log in.. It doesn't seems to be any JS error on the login page.

Comment

Sorry, now I see the error on login page
            Code:
            split has no properties
            makeSplitCallback(undefined, " bottom ", false)global.js (line 3133)
            initAll2(login())global.js (line 3227)
            (no name)()global.js (line 2361)
            alt()global.js (line 162)
            (no name)()global.js (line 2379)
            [Break on this error] var parent = split.parentNode;
            Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2007, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Hi, I'm having same problem:

Code:
              root@fsn-org-xc:/var/log/open-xchange# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware
              /opt/open-xchange /var/log/open-xchange
              I see some AJAX errors in the open-xchange.log.0 file. don't really know what it all means. please have a look....
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

those ajax errors are about the missing classes for the admin gui which is not yet available at the public CVS. But these warnings do not create any problems from my experience, they are just missing plugins.

The posted logfile does not show up anything critical as far as i can see.

curVV, are you able to access the servlets? Just try to browse to:

This should bring up some WebDAV information, if it brings up some kind of 503 or 404 error there's a problem with the apache configuration (mod_jk)

Comment

Hi MArtin,

No, I can't access http://my-server/servlet/webdav.version - it times out.

After open-xchange installation i cannot acces root of server at http://my-server

Apache works though, as I get a "It Work's" at http://my-server/apache2-default/
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

The open-xchange installer does not change anything at you apache configuration. The Build process of the GUI just copies the GUI to /var/www by default after building it. I suppose this is something distribution specific and you should start by debugging services like apache/modjk and so on. Please make sure that tomcat is not running when using open-xchange.

Comment

sorry ox.conf pointed to wrong workers.properties. i now get login screen at http://my-server
                      and the following at http://my-server/servlet/webdav.version :

Code:
                      [B]Service Temporarily Unavailable[/B]

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
                      [I]Apache/2.2.3 (Ubuntu) mod_jk/1.2.18 PHP/5.2.1 Server at 192.168.0.230 Port 80[/I]
                      it's a 503 so gotta search for mod_jk error...

Comment

only error i get in /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log is:

[Wed Jul 25 13:48:30 2007] [19210:38592] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1794): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed

Comment

Does the open-xchange.log.0 tells you anything interesting at the moment the 503 occurs?
                          Does mod_jk use the same port as the groupware (8009)?

Comment

the only errors i see are those ajax ones.

workers.properties:
                            worker.ajp13_worker.port=8009
                            worker.ajp13_worker.host=localhost
                            worker.ajp13_worker.type=ajp13

Comment

from http://my-server/servlet/webdav.version i now get:

WebDAV: 0

Before i was getting 503 after ctrl-c when /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware just hangs there like this:

Code:
                              root@fsn-org-xc:/# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware
                              /opt/open-xchange /
                              if i leave it like that i now get: WebDAV: 0

Comment

Working...
                              X