Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No german "ö" in ox-Basic-Folders

Hi,

after an upgrade from ox version 6.6 to 6.7 i have some trouble with german "Umlaute", but not at the whole page only at two folders "öffentliche Ordner" and "öffentlicher Infostore" (look at the attachment). The Folder "Entwürfe" contains its umlaut.
    I get instead of the "ö" two diamonds with a question mark.

How can fix this?

Thanks,

cornfelt
    Attached Files

no email text editor icons

Additional, I had to find out that there are no icons in the email create window to edit the email text

this was a cache problem.

but, the "umlaute" are still wrong.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

The strings for the german folder names are under
      Code:
      /opt/open-xchange/i18n/server.de_DE.po

If I change the "umlaute" e.g. form "ö" to "oe" and I restart the groupware-daemon, the diamonds are gone away, but I have ugly "oe"´s.

So I think, there must be an java error with handling of german "Umlaute".
      On javascript-level (with the dictionary " ../htdocs/ox6/lang/de_de.js") works everything fine.

Can someone help me, to fix this problem?

thanks,
      cornfelt

ps. html-replacements for german "umlaute" don't work

additional, I get this exception:
      Code:
      Jan 7, 2009 5:14:42 PM org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCache handleException
      SEVERE: Disabling lateral cache due to error Failed to remove CacheKey: context=1 | key=46 from OXFolderCache
      java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
              at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
              at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:109)
              at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:153)
              at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.java:1855)
              at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(ObjectOutputStream.java:1764)
              at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeFatalException(ObjectOutputStream.java:1558)
              at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:346)
              at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPSender.send(LateralTCPSender.java:222)
              at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPService.remove(LateralTCPService.java:172)
              at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCache.remove(LateralCache.java:168)
              at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheAdaptor.handleRemove(CacheAdaptor.java:107)
              at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$RemoveEvent.doRun(CacheEventQueue.java:736)
              at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent.run(CacheEventQueue.java:607)
              at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$QProcessor.run(CacheEventQueue.java:575)
      Jan 7, 2009 5:14:42 PM org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent run
      WARNING: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
      Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Hi,

could you please post the first 10 lines of the .po file and the output of "file <po-file>?

Thanks!

Comment

Here the first 10 lines:
          Code:
          msgid ""
          msgstr ""
          "Project-Id-Version: server\n"
          "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
          "POT-Creation-Date: 2006-11-13 15:15+0100\n"
          "PO-Revision-Date: 2008-12-15 09:44+0100\n"
          "Last-Translator: Antje Faber <antje.faber@open-xchange.com>\n"
          "Language-Team: deutsch <de@li.org>\n"
          "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
          "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n"
          "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"
          "Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=n != 1;\n"
          "X-Generator: KBabel 1.10.2\n"
          What do you mean with "the output of file <po-file>"?
          Do you mean the outputs which I presented at my first post of this thread (attachment)?

Additional, I can give you one example of the server.de_DE.po file:
          Code:
          #: tmp/open-xchange/server/src/com/openexchange/groupware/i18n/FolderStrings.java:61
          msgid "Public folders"
          msgstr "Öffentliche Ordner"
          cornfelt

Comment

Hi,

i meant the unix command "file" to determine the type of the file:
            Code:
            oxhegw01:~# file /opt/open-xchange/i18n/server.de_DE.po 
            /opt/open-xchange/i18n/server.de_DE.po: UTF-8 Unicode PO (gettext message catalogue) text
            the exception you've posted above is not related to this issue, however - we have had the exact same problem at the beta phase, but we were not able to reproduce that problem. Did you restart the groupware server yet? What version are you using exactly?

Greetings

Comment

first, thanks for your help.

´file´ says:
              Code:
              # file /opt/open-xchange/i18n/server.de_DE.po
              /opt/open-xchange/i18n/server.de_DE.po: UTF-8 Unicode PO (gettext message catalogue) text
              Versions:
              Code:
              i | open-xchange                          | package | 6.7.0-62.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-admin                    | package | 6.7.0-38.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-admin-client             | package | 6.7.0-38.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-admin-doc                | package | 6.7.0-38.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting     | package | 6.7.0-21.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-doc | package | 6.7.0-21.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-authentication-database  | package | 6.7.0-17.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-cache                    | package | 6.7.0-17.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-charset                  | package | 6.7.0-16.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-common                   | package | 6.7.0-22.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-configjump-generic       | package | 6.7.0-16.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-configread               | package | 6.7.0-16.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-contactcollector         | package | 6.7.0-27.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-control                  | package | 6.7.0-15.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-conversion               | package | 6.7.0-20.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-conversion-engine        | package | 6.7.0-18.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-conversion-servlet       | package | 6.7.0-18.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-data-conversion-ical4j   | package | 6.7.0-21.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-global                   | package | 6.7.0-27.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-group-managerequest      | package | 6.7.0-15.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-gui                      | package | 6.7.0-58.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-i18n                     | package | 6.7.0-26.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-imap                     | package | 6.7.0-28.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-jcharset                 | package | 1.3.0-106.1 | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-mailfilter               | package | 6.7.0-19.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-management               | package | 6.7.0-17.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-monitoring               | package | 6.7.0-17.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-online-help-de           | package | 6.7.0-4.1   | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-online-help-en           | package | 6.7.0-4.1   | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-passwordchange-database  | package | 6.7.0-15.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-passwordchange-servlet   | package | 6.7.0-17.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-push-udp                 | package | 6.7.0-20.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-resource-managerequest   | package | 6.7.0-15.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-server                   | package | 6.7.0-62.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-sessiond                 | package | 6.7.0-21.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-settings-extensions      | package | 6.7.0-15.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-smtp                     | package | 6.7.0-16.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-spamhandler-default      | package | 6.7.0-15.3  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              i | open-xchange-xml                      | package | 6.7.0-22.1  | noarch | server:OX:snapshot
              And yes, I restarted the groupware daemon.

cornfelt
              Last edited by Guest; 01-08-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Hello Martin

what else could I do? Have you any other ideas?

Greetings

cornfelt

Comment

Nach dem aktuellen Update auf 6.7.0-6.705 sind auch die "ö`s" wieder da Build: 2009-01-14 00:01:16

Gruss
                  mmlitz

Comment

Hi,

zur Zeit haben wir 2 unserer Server mit der Beta 6.7.0-6704 am laufen, beides Debian Installationen, Sie unterscheiden sich lediglich in der Hardware.

Das oben beschriebene Problem haben wir ebenfalls (wie Martin sagt ist dies ja auch in der Beta bekannt), jedoch nur auf einem der beiden Server.

Wieso Weshalb Warum kann ich nicht sagen, also wenn ich helfen kann werde ich dies gerne tun.

MfG

outlow

Comment

thanks for your postings.
                      now I've installed 6.8.0-1.1 but the problem is still there.
                      I also tested some env var settings (LANG, LC_ALL), but nothing happens.

greetings

cornfelt

Comment

1. What OS do you use?
                        2. When are the Umlaute broken?
                        a) after a system reboot
                        b) after a restart of the server on the commandline
                        3. What is the output of the command
                        Code:
                        env | grep 'L\(C\|ANG\).*'

Comment

hi carsten,

1. we use open suse 11.0.
                          2. after an upgrade from ox version 6.6 to 6.7
                          I've upgraded ox because the sending of emails with atachment faild at version 6.6 with the java-1_6_0-openjdk.
                          There was a conflict between java- and ox-classes.
                          3. `env | grep 'L\(C\|ANG\).*'`returns
                          Code:
                          LANG=POSIX
                          LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8
                          greetings

cornfelt
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

2. When are the Umlaute broken?
                            a) after a system reboot
                            b) after a restart of the server on the commandline

Comment

after a restart of both ox daemons, b)

for testing, I downgraded and restarted both daemons again and the Umlaute were correct. After a second upgrade to 6.7 and now 6.8 and restart they are now incorrect again.
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X