pop3 problem with office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop3 problem with office

I running the CE edition and have a couple users on pop3. The problem is, they keep getting prompted for a password over and over everytime they send receive. The authroization process works fine according to the logs but for some reason the login keeps popping up. If i run as IMAP the problem goes away. is this a pam configuration issue? (outlook is saving the password so it's nothing dumb like that).

Hi,

did you created a /etc/pam.d/pop file pointing to the database for authentification? Just copy /etc/pam.d/imap to /etc/pam.d/pop - or use IMAP instead

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi,

did you created a /etc/pam.d/pop file pointing to the database for authentification? Just copy /etc/pam.d/imap to /etc/pam.d/pop - or use IMAP instead

Greetings
      I just checked, the file exists and there are no diff's between pop and imap, and imap works fine. There is one machine on the network that imap refuses to work on, outlook just freezes and eventually shows something about exceeding the allowed idle time, I'm not really sure what's causing it.

Comment

Working...
      X