Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP Authentication and Multiple Domain Setup

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating OXC. I've setup external LDAP authentication which works fine. Now I try do use external LDAP Authentication for Multiple Domains and I'm a bit confused. May someone can tell me more here.

My LDAP Domains are like this
    ou=People,o=domain1.tld,o=isp
    ou=People,o=domain2.tld,o=isp
    < - - and so on - - >

I've generated different context in OXC and did an LDAP sync, works like a charm.

But at 'ldapauth.properties' I do not see where I can 'add' the multiple domain lookup, so the 'default' domain works
    because of:

java.naming.provider.url=ldap://192.168.198.72:389/ou=People,o=domain1.tld,o=isp

baseDN=ou=People,o=domain1.tld,o=isp

should both simple setup with 'o=isp' ? which I think isn't a good idea from performance perspective...

BTW:
    The users using the UID to login which is not the email address. A user typically look like this in LDAP

dn: uid=123456,ou=People,o=<hosted domain>,o=isp
    mail: john.doe@<domain>.tld

Any documentations, further links are very welcome.

Thanks!
    Andreas
    Last edited by AndreasB; 07-25-2016, 12:26 PM.

The simple pretty non-helping answer is that the open-xchange-authentication-ldap package does not support multiple contexts by default. It was initially written for inhouse deployments I guess with only one context in mind.

You probably should switch to authentication-imap instead because I guess you need to handle the IMAP authentication in a similar way towards LDAP anyway.

Comment

Perfect! IMAP Auth should be an option as the IMAP server itself relay on LDAP anyway.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X