how to retrieve 'plaintext' password for a given OX user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to retrieve 'plaintext' password for a given OX user

I need to retrieve password in "clear text form" for an existing user in OX Hyperion. The only information available with me is OX username/userId for a user.

Password for a user is stored in 'userPassword' column of 'user' table. After having a look at the entries in 'user' table, I believe that OpenXchange uses one way hash algorithm (CRYPT) to store password entries in 'userPassword' column.

Is there a way of getting user password in cleartext format from OX system for a given user (either through API or direct connection to database through JDBC)?

I need a way to create calendar events/tasks for any user in OX Hyperion application based on some events occuring in an external system.
    The external system uses HTTP API interface provided by Open Xchange Hyperion to create new tasks/calendar events('TASKS' module - /ajax/tasks and 'CALENDAR' module - /ajax/calendar) in Open Xchange. All the HTTP APIs require a valid session identifier to be passed from external application(for which I need username/password).

Since I already have OX userId information in the external program , I need to find out the plaintext password for that userId in OX system, so that I can use LOGIN module (ajax/login?action=login) to get a valid session identifier.

Any help in this regard will be highly appericiated.

Thanks,

- Nick

Originally posted by sammy View Post
    Is there a way of getting user password in cleartext format from OX system for a given user (either through API or direct connection to database through JDBC)?
    There is no built-in way to access user passwords. You have to become a hacker to find out what the plaintext passwords are.

René

Comment

Working...
    X