Unable to Send Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Send Email

I have installed the Community Edition on a clean install of Ubuntu Gutsy. I'm unable to send email and get the following error:

Error code: Internal error: 501 syntax: HELO hostname (MSG-0020-442321377-6)

The mail.log:

Jan 16 21:29:12 linserve postfix/smtpd[2082]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
    Jan 16 21:29:17 linserve postfix/smtpd[2082]: lost connection after HELO from localhost[127.0.0.1]
    Jan 16 21:29:17 linserve postfix/smtpd[2082]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]

I can send email from an external client like Thunderbird.

Any ideas of what to check to resolve the problem?

Hi Paul,

Were you able to fix this problem? Im also having the same error and being new to postfix, Im not sure how to get this working.

Regards

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by scumsurfer View Post
      Hi Paul,

Were you able to fix this problem? Im also having the same error and being new to postfix, Im not sure how to get this working.

Regards

Carl
      I eventually worked out the problem. The hostname of the server was not being picked up correctly, so I set it manually in the imap.properties file in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware folder. Look for the smtphostname parameter and change from null to a valid hostname.

Comment

Working...
      X