X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding frst user problem

Can anyone shed any light?

Code:
    root@mail:~# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "password" --username andrew_holway --displayname "Andrew Holway" --password usrpass --email andrew.holway@gmail.com --givenname Andrew --surname Holway --language en_US --timezone Europe/London --department Decryption --company "Bletchley Park"
    Error:
     Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
            java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    Im also getting 503 when I try and access the GUI. I'm installing on ubuntu 6.06 on a openvz VE

Cheers,

Andy

The rmi admin daemon is not running.check that the admin daemon is started

Comment

daemon not running

hey,thanks for the reply,

Your right! It would seem that the daemon isnt running.

Code:
      root@mail:~# /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start
      Starting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
      root@mail:~# /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin stop
      Stopping Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 27699: No such process
      1 pids were not killed
      No process in pidfile `/var/run/open-xchange-admin.pid' found running; none killed.
      open-xchange-admin.
      Something seems to be preventing it from running.. Im not getting any errors with my VE manager.

Andy

Comment

ps

Im getting a 503 error(in german) on the front page if that sheds any light.
        andy

Comment

Do you checked the log files? Maybe there is something in the /var/log/messages or /var/log/open-xchange/... about it that could help to solve the problem

Comment

Why do I never remember to check the logs?

I think Im gonna start over on a new install, save scratching round for my cockups. This was my first OX compile so Im hardly expecting great things from it :-)

Cheers,

Andy

Code:
            20-Mar-2007 12:16:01 Starter <init>
            SEVERE: Initializing the configuration failed.
            CFG-0006 Category=10 Message=Can't load class "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver". exceptionID=-2046034947-1
                    at com.openexchange.configuration.ConfigDB.init(ConfigDB.java:208)
                    at com.openexchange.configuration.ConfigurationInit.init(ConfigurationInit.java:75)
                    at Starter.<init>(Starter.java:115)
                    at ComfireServer.main(ComfireServer.java:62)
            Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
                    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
                    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
                    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
                    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
                    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
                    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
                    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
                    at com.openexchange.configuration.ConfigDB.init(ConfigDB.java:206)
                    ... 3 more

Comment

Originally posted by slybob View Post
              I think Im gonna start over on a new install, save scratching round for my cockups. This was my first OX compile so Im hardly expecting great things from it :-)

Cheers,

Andy

Code:
              20-Mar-2007 12:16:01 Starter <init>
              CFG-0006 Category=10 Message=Can't load class "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver". exceptionID=-2046034947-1
                      at com.openexchange.configuration.ConfigurationInit.init(ConfigurationInit.java:75)
              Well, you just missed the mysql.jar here.

Comment

Incarnation 2

Going over the instructions I realised I bodged a couple of things. I have started from scratch on a new VE and I've come to the same step of adding the first user.

Code:
                Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/openexchange/admin/rmi/extensions/OXUserIMA                           PExtension
                        at com.openexchange.admin.console.user.Create.<init>(Create.java:148)
                        at com.openexchange.admin.console.user.Create.main(Create.java:79)
                open-xchange.log.0
                Code:
                21-Mar-2007 11:38:22 Starter <init>
                INFO: Server Footprint : 1372590168
                21-Mar-2007 11:38:22 Starter <init>
                CFG-0006 Category=10 Message=Can't load class "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver". exceptionID=1372590168-1
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
                        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
                        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
                        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
                        at com.openexchange.configuration.ConfigDB.init(ConfigDB.java:206)
                        ... 3 more
                mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar is present in /opt/open-xchange/lib/ (although in you howto you specified 3.1.13).

on the front page Im still getting error 503

I'll see if I can dig out 3.1.13 from somewhere

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar is present in /opt/open-xchange/lib/ (although in you howto you specified 3.1.13).
                  3.1.14 works fine as well.
                  Did you create a link to 3.1.13 or did you change the build.xml?
                  I created a link to 3.1.13...

on the front page Im still getting error 503
                  After a fresh restart of the services, it takes a bit time the application is available.

Comment

I did neither

Thanks
                    does this mean I should rebuild? Or can I bodge it?

Comment

Thanks
                      does this mean I should rebuild? Or can I bodge it?
                      A rebuild is better :-)

Comment

rebuild 3

Guys, Just got it working.

Its beautiful.

Comment

Guys, Just got it working.

Its beautiful.

Indeed, it was a great work OX did the last year

Comment

ah, problems problems

Okay, so it was working. I got to have a little play, wet my appetite etc etc,

503 error
                            , I keep on getting this 503 error, I think its because of mod-jk. Im still running the standard Ubuntu install of it because I cant find a binary for apache2! the tomcat guys keep trying to get me to move the whole thing over to tomcat!? I did find some source at http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ but the build instructions are missing??!!??
                            mod_jk.log
                            Code:
                            [Wed Mar 21 19:43:51 2007] [error] init_jk::mod_jk.c (2356): Initializing shm:/etc/apache2/logs/jk-runtime-status errno=2
                            [Wed Mar 21 19:43:51 2007] [error] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (2312): Attachning shm:/etc/apache2/logs/jk-runtime-status errno=2
                            [Wed Mar 21 19:43:51 2007] [error] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (2312): Attachning shm:/etc/apache2/logs/jk-runtime-status errno=2
                            [Wed Mar 21 19:44:36 2007] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
                            [Wed Mar 21 19:44:36 2007] ajp13_worker www.moonet.co.uk 0.000537

[Wed Mar 21 19:45:56 2007] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
                            [Wed Mar 21 19:45:56 2007] ajp13_worker www.moonet.co.uk 0.000421

[Wed Mar 21 20:15:52 2007] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
                            [Wed Mar 21 20:15:52 2007] ajp13_worker www.moonet.co.uk 0.000456

[Wed Mar 21 20:16:07 2007] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
                            [Wed Mar 21 20:16:07 2007] ajp13_worker www.moonet.co.uk 0.000512

[Wed Mar 21 23:20:16 2007] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
                            [Wed Mar 21 23:20:16 2007] ajp13_worker www.raggajungle.org.uk 0.000467

[Thu Mar 22 00:06:27 2007] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
                            [Thu Mar 22 00:06:27 2007] ajp13_worker www.moonet.co.uk 0.000402

[Thu Mar 22 00:06:36 2007] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1758): Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed
                            [Thu Mar 22 00:06:36 2007] ajp13_worker www.moonet.co.uk 0.000447
                            I still cant add my first user, below is the input and output of my attempt. Its rather odd because when I did get in the application I was ble to make notes and appointments etc etc but I expect this it thru a different mechanism.

Code:
                            root@openxchange:/var/log/open-xchange# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "tape-deck" --username alan_turing --displayname "Alan Turing" --password 3nIgm4 --email alan_turing@bletchleypark.invalid --givenname Alan --surname Turing --language en_US --timezone Europe/London --department Decryption --company "Bletchley Park"
                            Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/openexchange/admin/rmi/extensions/OXUserIMAPExtension
                            root@openxchange:/var/log/open-xchange#
                            BTW, Im running ubuntu 6.06(dapper) which is an openVZ virtual machine.

thanks,

Andy

Comment

Okay, so it was working. I got to have a little play, wet my appetite etc etc,

503 error, I keep on getting this 503 error, I think its because of mod-jk. Im still running the standard Ubuntu install of it because I cant find a binary for apache2! the tomcat guys keep trying to get me to move the whole thing over to tomcat!? I did find some source at http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ but the build instructions are missing??!!??
                              mod_jk.log
                              Have a look here : http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/to...nux/jk-1.2.21/

I still cant add my first user, below is the input and output of my attempt. Its rather odd because when I did get in the application I was ble to make notes and appointments etc etc but I expect this it thru a different mechanism.

Code:
                              root@openxchange:/var/log/open-xchange# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "tape-deck" --username alan_turing --displayname "Alan Turing" --password 3nIgm4 --email alan_turing@bletchleypark.invalid --givenname Alan --surname Turing --language en_US --timezone Europe/London --department Decryption --company "Bletchley Park"
                              Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/openexchange/admin/rmi/extensions/OXUserIMAPExtension
                              root@openxchange:/var/log/open-xchange#
                              BTW, Im running ubuntu 6.06(dapper) which is an openVZ virtual machine.

thanks,

Andy
                              This we had in the last post or did I miss something?

Check the last line of createuser again please, sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                              X