Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OX 7.8.0 <-> Thunderbird/Lightning - what abou tasks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX 7.8.0 <-> Thunderbird/Lightning - what abou tasks ?

Hi,
    many users in our institute are using Lightning and caldav to access
    their calendar. But what about the "tasks" - nothing is shown (everything gray) -
    is it working or not ? What do we have to configure ?

Bye, Peer
    Last edited by peko; 01-02-2017, 04:13 PM.

Hi,
    Tasks are stored in a separate calendar and not together with normal calendar entries. You must synchronize this special "task calendar" also in Thunderbird, then you will get your tasks in Thunderbird too.
    First you need to get the URL for your "tasks calendar": In OX, go to "Tasks" Tab. In the left sidebar, you will see one (or more) collections (similar to the list of calendars on the "Calendar" tab). For each collection, click it first, then open the context menu by clicking the hamburger symbol, next to the name and select "properties". In the sub-window you will find the URL to the "task calendar".
    Synchronize this "task calendar" like any other calendar in Thunderbird, then you will get your tasks in thunderbird.

Hope you can get it from my description. If not, let me know.

Andreas

Comment

Hi,

thank's a lot. That's exactly the solution I'm looking for!

Bye, Peer

Originally posted by TheMagican View Post
      Hi,
      Tasks are stored in a separate calendar and not together with normal calendar entries. You must synchronize this special "task calendar" also in Thunderbird, then you will get your tasks in Thunderbird too.
      First you need to get the URL for your "tasks calendar": In OX, go to "Tasks" Tab. In the left sidebar, you will see one (or more) collections (similar to the list of calendars on the "Calendar" tab). For each collection, click it first, then open the context menu by clicking the hamburger symbol, next to the name and select "properties". In the sub-window you will find the URL to the "task calendar".
      Synchronize this "task calendar" like any other calendar in Thunderbird, then you will get your tasks in thunderbird.

Hope you can get it from my description. If not, let me know.

Andreas

Comment

Working...
      X