Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Open-Xchange on existing host

Hello,

I've got a host that acts as HTTP-, SMTP- and IMAP-server. Now I would like to install Open-Xchange on it. From what I've read this is, in general, possible. Some questions remain, though:

Mails to external email addresses must come in via SMTPS from a user who authenticated himself as having a mailbox on my host. Is this a problem? At least one client will be using Outlook. IMAP is only served over SSL, as well.

I use Cyrus IMAP with unixhierarchysep switched off. Might this be a problem? There will be no fancy usernames, just /[a-z].*/. Is it safe to switch unixhierarchysep from off to on in a running Cyrus IMAP installation? Cyrus is not that verbose about that.

I use Web-cyradmin for administering users. Can I keep it or do I have to switch entirely to ox. I wouldn't mind hacking Web-cyradmin to create an OX-Account instead of a Cyrus mailbox. Would that be enough?

Thank you for your attention.

Originally posted by traxer
    Mails to external email addresses must come in via SMTPS from a user who authenticated himself as having a mailbox on my host. Is this a problem? At least one client will be using Outlook. IMAP is only served over SSL, as well.
    Well shouldn't be a problem as OX supports IMAPS and SMTPS. Maybe someone writes a simple howto and put it into the Wiki

I use Cyrus IMAP with unixhierarchysep switched off. Might this be a problem? There will be no fancy usernames, just /[a-z].*/. Is it safe to switch unixhierarchysep from off to on in a running Cyrus IMAP installation? Cyrus is not that verbose about that.
    Neither unixhierarchysep or altnamespace enabled/disabled shouldn't be a problem for OX

I use Web-cyradmin for administering users. Can I keep it or do I have to switch entirely to ox. I wouldn't mind hacking Web-cyradmin to create an OX-Account instead of a Cyrus mailbox. Would that be enough?
    Of course you can keep it. If you also want to create OX accounts you will need to hack Web-cyradm

Thank you for your attention.
    You're welcome
    Last edited by Stefan Preuss; 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X