permissions to modify private folders for other users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permissions to modify private folders for other users

I want to allow a particular OX user (lets say 'superuser') to have permissions to create calendar appointment/tasks for any user in OX.

One way of doing this is would be to log in as an individual user in OX, go to a specific private folder (say 'Calendar' or 'Tasks'), right click , select 'Properties'.
    Once the property screen shows up, click on 'Rights' tab and add the user name ('superuser' in this example) and grant appropriate permissions to modify private folders.

The approach mentioned above works fine if you have small number of users. In our case, we will be having thousands of users, and repeating the process for each and every user will be difficult.

Is there a script/HTTP API available which can do the same (so that I do not have to log in for each individual user and make changes manually)?

Does any one have any idea about all the database tables which need to be updated to perform this type of operation ?

I could see that 'oxfolder_tree' and 'oxfolder_permissions' tables are updated whenever I perform this operation from User Interface, but I have not been able to figure out other tables which might have to be modified to perform this operation.

Any help in this regard will be highly appericiated.

- Nick

Originally posted by sammy View Post
    I want to allow a particular OX user (lets say 'superuser') to have permissions to create calendar appointment/tasks for any user in OX.
    I do not have a solution for you problem, but I am curious: Why do you want that one superuser can do this?

René

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
      I do not have a solution for you problem, but I am curious: Why do you want that one superuser can do this?

René
      We have integrated OX Hyperion with an enterprise application we are building for Digital Archiving(we will have a one to one mapping between users in OX and our archiving solution - whenever a new user is created in our system, we run a batch process to create a corresponding user in OX Hyperion).

Based on certain business rules in our Digital Archiving system , we want create tasks/calendar events in OX Hyperion system using methods exposed by OX HTTP API. We would need multiple users to participate in these tasks/events. All these tasks will be created by a common user - say 'system.user', but the participants will vary every time. If I want to create task/calendar event in private folder(s) of participant user(s),'system.user' should have rights to modify private folders for each participant other wise I get an appropriate error message when using HTTP API.

So for the time being, I have created 10 users in OX Hyperion and manually made required changes to access rights for private folders of each of the 10 users as explained in orignal post.

Hope that this explains the problem I have.

Also, since I am able to make changes to access rights/permissions for a OX user's private folder through the User Interface, I have a strong reason to believe that the same changes could be made directly at the database level. It is just that I have not been able to figure out how to do this from the backend and thought of posting my problem on the forum.

-Nick

Comment

I have done some minor DB tweaking with folders and permissions, and, to my knowledge, 'oxfolder_tree' and 'oxfolder_permissions' are the only two tables involved. I have successfully added rows to oxfolder_permissions to grant a user access to someone's private folder, so I'm sure it works. If you are a decent enough DBA you should be able to figure out how to script what you need to do, based on the user id and the folder id.

Comment

Working...
        X