Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Contacts Export

Hi,

does anybody know of a way to disable the export functionality of (shared) calendars? By default you can select Export from the context menu and simply write an vCard- or CSV-File.

Thanks and regards,
    Dirk

There is no configuration for that.
    From a permission perspective once you are allowed to view a calendar why wouldn't you be able to export a calendar?

We usually do not hide those options because a user could still export data via the open HTTP API and this is not a request we got many times (I hear such a request the first time). Therefore there is no option for it.
    Most of those UI menus are pretty easy to modify via a UI plugin but "easy" is relative here.

Comment

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for the reply. Our customer has mainly students who are everything from adventurous to lazy. If you can click two buttons and get a list, even the lazy student may export the list and use it for whatever.
      If you at least need to create some kind of script to retrieve each contact from the list, the lazy students won't do it, the contact surface is smaller. It is actually their requirement, I would probably also do it another way.

Probably I will have a try at a UI plugin as it would solve some more issues and requirements.

Best,
      Dirk

Comment

Working...
      X