Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Service not available" Error with IMAP authentication module

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a single "proof of concept" test server to see how OX can work with our Dovecot cluster.

I'm using this document:

The installation went smooth and I can see the front-end website in the browser, but the login page is not being shown, instead I get:
    "Connection error: the service is not available right now, Retry"

Because I want to authenticate with our IMAP backend i did not install the database authentication package but open-xchange-authentication-imap, using the following adjusted command from the documentation:

apt-get install mysql-server open-xchange open-xchange-authentication-imap open-xchange-grizzly open-xchange-admin open-xchange-appsuite open-xchange-appsuite-backend open-xchange-appsuite-manifest

I'm Googling around for this error but the cases I find don't seem to apply to my situation.
    I'm not sure if i'm facing a problem with mod_proxy or with a connection/config problem to my IMAP backend.
    I can telnet to the IMAP server from this OX server so that should all be fine.

I've successfully setup OX like this before 1 1/2 year ago so I'm familiar with the process.
    But I guess now I'm missing something somewhere, I hope someone can give a litte insight.

I've added my proxy_http, vhost and imapauth.properties configuration to this post below.

Thanks in advance,
    Marcel de Cocq.

imapauth.properties.txt
    apache_ox.conf.txt
    proxy_http.conf.txt

The middleware is most likely not listening on port 8009 or the Apache proxy configuration is not correct.
    With "listbundles" or "getmissingservices" you could get an idea but only if _something_ starts. If not you'll just get error messages and need to read the different logs in /var/log/open-xchange carefully since they typically contain the real error somewhere.

Comment

Working...
    X