X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade - APP Suite and OS - best practice

Hi,
    I've asked the this question some time ago. We want to change the OS
    of our APP Suite server (currently SLES 11) and the release of the APP Suite (7.8.0).

What I would try now is:
    Install a basic Debian 8 system. (When will be 9 supported ?)
    Install the APP Suite 7.8
    Setup the DB like on the old server (username/pw).
    Copy the settings and the filestore to the new server.
    Modify the web server settings (Apache 2.2 ->2.4)
    Dump the database and import it on the new server.
    Test everything .....

When everything is working I want to upgrade to 7.8.4. Can we go to this release in one step ? (7.8.0->7.8.4)

Has anybody tried this kind of procedure or is their a better way of doing it ...

Bye, Peer

From which version you are upgrading?

You should in theory be able to update in one step up to 7.8.4 but there is a slightly bigger risk of failing update tasks for the database.

Debian 9 will be supported with upcoming App Suite 7.10.

Comment

Hi,
      one basic question: The database and the filestore hold all necessary data, right ?
      So I can setup the system with all modules and if everything is working import a full dump of the database and rsync the filestore.
      Then test everything and do the same later for the final migration again.
      Correct ?

Comment

Yes, all data is in the database and the filestore. You also may need to copy configuration especially any file keeping credentials (mpasswd, oxguardpass and alike)

Comment

Hi,
          I set up everything, copied the main config used rsync to copy the filestore and did a full dump of the mysql server.
          The dump was important on the new server. But I only see :
          Access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
          and
          Caused by: com.openexchange.exception.OXException: DBP-0001 Categories=SERVICE_DOWN Message='Cannot get connection to config DB.' exceptionID=-306494093-34"

The user openexchange has the priveliges and can connect to configdb and openechange6_DB. (tested using mysql -u openexchange -p).

flush pri... etc does not work.

SHOW GRANTS FOR 'openexchange'@'localhost';
          shows the same output ...

Can you summarize how to import the DB correctly or how to find more information ?

Thanks!

Bye, Peer

Comment

Hi,
            the new server is up and running. Many things are already looking good. However I've got some error
            messages. Could somebody please explain the meaning ?

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$E ventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
            Caused by: com.openexchange.pooling.PoolingException: Cannot create pooled object.
            at com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool.get(Ree ntrantLockPool.java:321)
            at com.openexchange.database.internal.TimeoutFetchAnd Schema.get(TimeoutFetchAndSchema.java:93)
            at com.openexchange.database.internal.ReplicationMoni tor.checkActualAndFallback(ReplicationMonitor.java :150)
            ... 72 common frames omitted
            Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
            at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLErro r.java:1084)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.ja va:4232)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.ja va:4164)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.ja va:926)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.proceedHandshakeWithPluggab leAuthentication(MysqlIO.java:1748)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:12 88)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(Connecti onImpl.java:2506)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectOneTryOnly(Co nnectionImpl.java:2539)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(Connecti onImpl.java:2321)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImp l.java:832)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connect ion.java:46)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

Bye, Peer

Comment

Hi,
              my fault. I did not change both password entries in configdb.properties.
              So for the configdb the wrong password was used.

Sorry, Peer

Comment

Working...
              X