Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OX Integration of external imap mailbox possible (per-user?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX Integration of external imap mailbox possible (per-user?)?

Hi,

after my first tests with OX I'm a little confused about the imap
    functionality of it.
    Is it possible to use an external IMAP mailbox as master mailbox?
    And is it possible to link the external inbox to the local user inbox?

In my opinion it's a rather basic feature to allow a per-user use of external imap accounts. Zimbra and eGroupware support this, for instance.

cheers, Kleo

Hi,

yes this is possible, via the command line tools - but not via the admin gui, just take a look of
    the "--imap/smtpserver" option in combination with --dbonly

Greetings.

Comment

Thanks for the advise.
      But I already tried it this way and ran into problems regarding the username/password combination, that is used to authenticate against the external imap. Which fields are used for logging into the external mail account? Username, display name? And which password is used?
      I assume it's the the OX-user-password.

But again thanks for your reply.
      You encouraged me do further testing... :-)

cheers, Kleo

Comment

Hi,

the IMAP login name is the field "imapLogin" at open-xchange-db.users, the password is the same like entered at the login, it is not stored at the database. This is simplay because the userPassword field is a hashed password to verify the correct login credentials but it cannot be used to authenticate anywhere.
        For example:
        Your groupware user logs in using testuser/secret as credentials. This authenticates against the hashed password at the database, if it is ok, the user is allowed to login. Now the IMAP login process starts, and the users login name is mapped to the imapLogin field (someone@isp.com) for example and the password of the login process is used. This is very useful because service providers often use different imap logins than user logins.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
        X