Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[After Upgrade to 7.10] Not able to edit appointments [Termine] of others anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [After Upgrade to 7.10] Not able to edit appointments [Termine] of others anymore

Hi,

after upgrade to 7.10 i cant edit appointments of other users anymore in the calendar section, eventhough I have the required rights. This is new after the upgrade. It only gives me a "Follow-Up" (german: Folgetermin) option, when I open an exististing appointment. Before (in 7.8.4) I had full options like "edit" and "delete". Currently I have full options only on my own created appointments.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks!!

Hi,
    we have the same Problem here.
    It is important for us to be able to change "external" appointments.
    When i gent an invitation from external i want to add coworkers to this invitation sometimes.
    This is now impossible.

Comment

Hi all,

this is desired behavior for 7.10.0 in order to comply with the standards. Please see the calendar documentation for reference:

Comment

Hi Martin,

thank you for the information.
        Is there a way to deactivate this behavior?

Greetings
        sbozdag

Originally posted by martin.schneider View Post
        Hi all,

this is desired behavior for 7.10.0 in order to comply with the standards. Please see the calendar documentation for reference:

https://documentation.open-xchange.c...tendee-changes

Comment

Originally posted by sbozdag View Post
          Hi Martin,

thank you for the information.
          Is there a way to deactivate this behavior?

Greetings
          sbozdag
          Hi sbozdag,

no, it is not possible to deactivate that behavior.

Comment

Hi,

We use AppSuite 7.10.0 Rev. 13 and have the same problem here. I have read the article that Martin has shared here - thank you for this information. So, that behavior is desired and could not be changed.

I think there are situations that require this behavior, i. e. when appointments are stored in a shared private calendar. But in some scenarios this behavior is a problem (i. e. if you create an appointment on behalf of another person in a public calendar). We have many public calendars which are used in departments to schedule their appointments for team work. And the users need to change appointments which are created by other members of this department. Even an administrator can't change or delete entries of other users.

I believe that many other users here have user scenarios like that. Isn't it the main purpos of a groupware to access shared resources? How do you work around this issue?

Greetings
            Michael

Comment

We have the following problem, which I think is caused by not being able to edit appointments created by other users:

Some of our users use the Thunderbird addon Lightning and subscribe to OX calendars using CalDAV. They are not able to change the reminders of appointments and even get reminder popups for appointments in the past on every resync.

When I export the appointment as .ics it contains the following lines:
              Code:
              BEGIN:VALARM
              TRIGGER:-PT15M
              ACTION:DISPLAY
              It seems like Lightning does not store the reminder setting locally but tries to change it on the server (which would make sense if it was still possible). I guess the same problem exists with various other CalDAV clients.

Comment

Originally posted by ateuber View Post
                We have the following problem, which I think is caused by not being able to edit appointments created by other users:

Some of our users use the Thunderbird addon Lightning and subscribe to OX calendars using CalDAV. They are not able to change the reminders of appointments and even get reminder popups for appointments in the past on every resync.

When I export the appointment as .ics it contains the following lines:
                Code:
                BEGIN:VALARM
                TRIGGER:-PT15M
                ACTION:DISPLAY
                It seems like Lightning does not store the reminder setting locally but tries to change it on the server (which would make sense if it was still possible). I guess the same problem exists with various other CalDAV clients.
                Not sure if this is in general seen for others.
                Reminders is something which changed with the new calendar so that every participant can save his own reminders and multiple of them even. So if Lightning tries to set it on the server it should work. At least that would be my expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by VG-Kirchberg View Post
                  Hi,
                  I think there are situations that require this behavior, i. e. when appointments are stored in a shared private calendar. But in some scenarios this behavior is a problem (i. e. if you create an appointment on behalf of another person in a public calendar). We have many public calendars which are used in departments to schedule their appointments for team work. And the users need to change appointments which are created by other members of this department. Even an administrator can't change or delete entries of other users.

I believe that many other users here have user scenarios like that. Isn't it the main purpos of a groupware to access shared resources? How do you work around this issue?
                  What I heard is that next release should have a special handling for public folders where others have edit rights.
                  Not exactly sure for shared private calendars though.

Comment

Working...
                  X