Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Global Address Book (only in AppSuite!?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Global Address Book (only in AppSuite!?)

Hello,

I have a problem with the global address book.

1 user (the context admin) does not appear in the list - but only in the app suite. In old ox6 view and even when I use the export button in app suite (ics file includes all users) or when I access the global address book over carddav all users are in the list.

What could be the problem?

The cause might be, that I had to migrate the users due to a domain change, but for all other users everything went good. Is there any database entry or cache file which can be deleted - so that the app suite view is refreshed?

Thanks for any help!

Is it possible, that the user is hidden because it is the context administrator?

Comment

There is a UI setting on the server side which hides or unhides the context admin in the global addressbook.
      But this is just valid for the web application and App Suite. OX6 is different and carddav is not affected by it.

The context admin is a user who MUST exist in an OX context. Some operators set the regular user as context admin and some have an additional independent one. There are arguments for both scenarios and a selection depends on how the context and user structure looks like (e.g. there will always only be one user in a context or not).
      So to lower confusion there is the UI option to hide the context admin in the global addressbook while it is not trivial to hide the user on the server side completely as the API still need to know it.

Comment

Thank you for these information, this sounds exactly like my problem. (setting hide conext admin in global address book)

How is the UI setting called? I am the administrator of our open xchange server and can access and change all settings.

Comment

io.ox/contacts//showAdmin=true|false

I think default is false.

Comment

Thank you very much, that solved the problem!

Comment

Working...
            X