Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to logon

Hi,

I just download the dapper-ox-ee-1.0.3-i386.iso file and install it. The installation was smooth.

But when i login at page http://serverIP/ox/admin i receive an 404 error.

Also, i try to connect to the terminal prompt and i have no idea what is the root username? it is root, oxadmin, admin.. i try all these with the password i write during the installation, but no ones works.

Any help?
    Nucleide

Hi,

did you get any error messages while installing?
    Those errors should be logged to /var/log/open-xchange/oxinstaller.log

The login data for the console is user "admin" with the password chosen at the installation process. This is a non-superuser account, to become root just type "sudo -s" and use the same password.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 02-25-2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

none of them works... all right, i will reinstall it agin!

.....20 minutes later.

So after reinstalling-it... its working. But something come-up at boot time.. something try to connected to mysql and fail. probably because of mysql was not started yet... later we saw mysql startup OK. strange.. I'm new to linux, is there any way to decide the order of booting services?d

thanks
      Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Hi,

well, those "error" messages are known but not critical in any way. It's just the way the services are started on a Ubuntu system, there are no real dependencies between initscripts. Those messages are not nice but occur on every OX:EE system without causing trouble so far.

Greetings

Comment

Failed to logon - Error 404 AdminGui

Hi,
          I have the same problem. Installed on an opensuse 10.3 with the install script 0.2.2.

Everything went fine but if i try to login I get the 404 error. I have also reinstalled everything but no help.

Any Ideas

Regards
          Thomas

Comment

jonny12, I can reproduce the problem. I will take a look at it tomorrow.

Comment

Hmm, I still have the problem.

/var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0 tells me:
              Code:
              Feb 29, 2008 1:45:59 PM org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheRestore canFix
              SEVERE: Can't fix Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:57462
              This error shows up many times. But another error shows up as well, just seconds before.
              Code:
              SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "apt-get": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
              Does this have anything to do with Debian/Ubuntu on one side and OpenSUSE on the other? Why does the admin daemon needs apt-get?
              Last edited by Guest; 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Gertjan,

the admindaemon "needs" apt-get because the plugin sw-update is ubuntu/debian specific.
                Those plugins can be removed from the list of loaded plugins, i already posted something about that.

The "problem" with org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheResto re can be ignored - as long as you don't want to build a cluster

Greetings

Comment

Thanks, Martin.
                  I installed apt, and the errors are gone now. The second one for obvious reasons and the first one maybe by coincidence.

But I still have the 404 error when I try to login on my test machine as oxadmin on /ox/admin. And I cannot find any trace in the logs...
                  I'll keep searching...

Comment

Hmm, I cannot find why I still get the 404 error. Adding users by cli is no problem, but logging in into the admin-gui is impossible. Somebody any idea?

Comment

What's logged to the apache access log?

Comment

Nothing very special, only two 404 lines:
                        Code:
                        192.168.1.68 - open-xchange-admin [03/Mar/2008:18:55:45 +0100] "GET /ox/admin/ HTTP/1.1" 304 -
                        192.168.1.68 - open-xchange-admin [03/Mar/2008:18:55:45 +0100] "GET /ox/admin/ox.css HTTP/1.1" 304 -
                        192.168.1.68 - open-xchange-admin [03/Mar/2008:18:55:45 +0100] "GET /ox/admin/index.js HTTP/1.1" 304 -
                        192.168.1.68 - open-xchange-admin [03/Mar/2008:18:55:46 +0100] "GET /ox/admin/hiddenFrame.html HTTP/1.1" 304 -
                        192.168.1.68 - open-xchange-admin [03/Mar/2008:18:55:47 +0100] "GET /ox/admin/lang/en_US.js HTTP/1.1" 304 -
                        192.168.1.68 - - [03/Mar/2008:18:55:48 +0100] "GET /oxadmin/login?action=autologin HTTP/1.1" 404 56
                        192.168.1.68 - - [03/Mar/2008:18:55:51 +0100] "POST /oxadmin/login?action=login HTTP/1.1" 404 56

Comment

Has /oxadmin been added as a servlet path to the mod_jk workers config?
                          Is there any traffic on Port 8009 when accessing the admin login?

Comment

Well, all of a sudden the error faded away.
                            I thought I rebooted the machine before, but maybe I was wrong. Now, after a fresh boot, it is all working fine!
                            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X