Can't create users in admin GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't create users in admin GUI

Well, now that I have the admin GUI even running at all, it seems that I can change existing users but I can't create new ones with it.

When I fill out the form and hit "save" I get the following:

Code:
    Error code: com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: unable to create INBOX (SVL-0001,-71434159-164)
    I also get the following in syslog:

Code:
    Feb 27 16:51:15 elise imap[1011]: login: localhost [127.0.0.1] jbritton PLAIN User logged in
    Which seems odd, since its saying I can't create the inbox, but yet it logs in as the new user.

I was able to work around the problem by going into cyradm and creating the mailbox "user/jbritton" from cyradm first, and then the admin GUI allowed me to add the user.

Strange -- why can't the admin GUI do what cyradm does? It's got the authentication information I used to log into the admin GUI itself, which is all it should need.

Do you use a # in the password?

And in the wiki I found this link.

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post
      Well, now that I have the admin GUI even running at all, it seems that I can change existing users but I can't create new ones with it.

When I fill out the form and hit "save" I get the following:

Code:
      Error code: com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: unable to create INBOX (SVL-0001,-71434159-164)
      Please post the content of /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0 and /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0

There might be more details about the problem.

Comment

Fixed.

Thanks to Gertjan, setting autocreatequota to -1 instead of 0 in /etc/imapd.conf solved the problem. Perhaps that tidbit should be added to the Installation page for the admin GUI?

Comment

Working...
        X