global adressbook rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• global adressbook rights

Since I'm beginner on OX, I cound not figure out how I can add new entries to global adressbook. No user or addmins has rights to add new entries or modify rights to do so. How to fix?

This is what I found so far from http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586
    The table oxfolder_permissions contains the all folder permissions, but I didn't figured out how to change them to give permissions add new entries to global adressbook...
    Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2008, 05:17 PM.

Originally posted by akba View Post
    Since I'm beginner on OX, I cound not figure out how I can add new entries to global adressbook. No user or addmins has rights to add new entries or modify rights to do so. How to fix?

This is what I found so far from http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586
    The table oxfolder_permissions contains the all folder permissions, but I didn't figured out how to change them to give permissions add new entries to global adressbook...
    You need to find which row in the oxfolder_permissions table contains the permissions for oxadmin, on the Global Addressbook. Set the admin flag to 1, and you can then log into the mail client (http://<your_ox_host>/ox) as oxadmin and add to the global addressbook.

Note that this can be dangerous, as noted in the post you already found. Make a backup copy of your database before attempting this.

Comment

Hi,

the "global addressbook" is a system folder which holds all physical users that are available on this system. Removing users is not possible and will cause severe problems. To manage system independent contact folders, just create another public folder to put contacts in.
      If you want to give your users the possibillity to change their global addressbook entries, you may set the value ENABLE_INTERNAL_USERS_EDIT=true at /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/foldercache.properties. Restart the groupware service after changing this.

Greetings

Comment

AFAIK, there is no way to set up a contact folder that is automatically searched by the email client, thats why we use the Global Addressbook....even if that wasn't the original intent. So far we have found no issues, but we haven't allowed users to add/remove/edit entries in the folder. We do it as oxadmin only.

Comment

This is a missing feature for sure and we know about it, but not yet have a timeframe for implementation. One major concern is performance - do you really want to crawl 500 addressbooks a user may manage if you send a E-Mail and get the matching mail recipients whily typing?
          In a hosting environment this can become critical, so we are evaluating different "ultimate solutions" for all kinds of searches.

Comment

Working...
          X