Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User password change

Where the user can change the password?

It can be done from admin GUI but how it is done by the user?

Thanks!

Originally posted by akba View Post
    Where the user can change the password?

It can be done from admin GUI but how it is done by the user?

Thanks!
    It cannot be done by the user through the GUI at this time. I know its a feature that is coming, but I don't think there are any published dates.

Comment

To be honest that is THE feature needed. Imagine the addmin work without it.
      I really don't see any reason why it is not implemanted. Only reason that I'm thinking that is it to prevent using the product.

Comment

Why should anybody release a product but wants to prevent anybody from using it?
        Would you please explain that? It does not sound logical for me.

The feature _is_ implemented, but for some wired reason it does not work like intended
        when using the Community Edition. Did you already filed a bug report? Wrote a patch?

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-19-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

SOLVED! (Or at least a work around)

There are two files missing, that's why users can't change their password.
          On OpenSUSE 10.3, the files which are missing are /srv/www/htdocs/css/admin.css and /srv/www/htdocs/js/umin.js. But these files do already exist on the system, in /srv/www/htdocs/ox/admin/css and /srv/www/htdocs/ox/admin/js. Just copy the files and users can change their password.

Comment

I don´t understand

Originally posted by Gertjan View Post
            There are two files missing, that's why users can't change their password.
            On OpenSUSE 10.3, the files which are missing are /srv/www/htdocs/css/admin.css and /srv/www/htdocs/js/umin.js. But these files do already exist on the system, in /srv/www/htdocs/ox/admin/css and /srv/www/htdocs/ox/admin/js. Just copy the files and users can change their password.
            I found these files and copy them. But where I can find page for change password?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Log in as a user, go to the configuration tab, select 'extras' and change your password in the pop-up window.

Comment

Maybe this work on Suse 10.3. On Ubuntu 7.10 it doesn't work

Comment

But what's you exact problem now? The screwed interface of the pop-up?
                  Can you take a look at the apache error_log file and check if you can find errors mentioning the admin.css and umin.js files?

Comment

Hi,

I think the problem is that I don't understand what happens when i update my installation with the installer script. It seemed that not everything is updated. I still get see the message
                    31.03.2008 13:41-->Fehlermeldung: Link ist nicht implementiert. (LGI-0008,-1640915015-1800)
                    when I click on "Extras". Also Fetchmail show still "Error 404"

Frank

Comment

Did you remove the sources before updating? (I don't know what the Ubuntu installer does and does not.)

Comment

I only removed everythink under /var/www. Without that I was not able to logon anymore.
                        I didn't delete anything from /opt/open-xchange. I want to keep my config. Or can I delete also everythink expect /opt/open-xchange/etc ?

Comment

SOLVED (for me...)

The error occured on my brandnew installed Debian Etch too.
                          The apache-error.log shows missing files in /var/www
                          Viewing the config-file /etc/apache2/sites-available/default i found a solution working for me by changing the following entries:

from
                          DocumentRoot /var/www/
                          to DocumentRoot /var/www/ox/

and
                          from <Directory /var/www/>
                          to <Directory /var/www/ox/>

after restarting apache2 the "user_change_password - GUI" works ...

Comment

(Useless post)
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2008, 12:29 PM.

Comment

USELESS ?

don't think so ...

downloaded the etch-version today ...
                              same bug "still alive" ...

change from /var/www/ to /var/www/ox/ solves this problem ... (for me) ...

btw: I've only tested the etch-version ...

Comment

Working...
                              X