User password change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USELESS ?

I've downloaded the etch-version today ...
    same issue on a clean etch-system ...

after changing the above entries everything works (for me) ...

Comment

Hi, and thanks for investigation

This can be solved by the installer

BUT

i chose /var/www/ox for a reason - otherwise it's possible that the installer overwrites already existing files at /var/www, and that's not what a administrator would like to see
      On the other hand, changing the default config Directory directive is also problematic when using the server for different purposes. What do you think may be a good solution for this issue?

Greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoPausB View Post
        don't think so ...
        I'm sorry, that "Useless" was not meant for you. I wanted to answer the post above yours. After I posted I read your solution, therefore my post became useless.

Comment

Originally posted by furban View Post
          Maybe this work on Suse 10.3. On Ubuntu 7.10 it doesn't work
          I had to copy/link a few more directories and files, but the change password/vacation page works perfectly now! And even on Ubuntu 7.10. I just had to keep tailing the apache logs when I hit the page and tackle the missing file errors one at a time until they were all gone.

Comment

I don't think that this will help in my case because there is no error. If get the message: 04.04.2008 19:27-->Fehlermeldung: Link ist nicht implementiert. (LGI-0008,-1640915015-3781) and that not an error. Ther are no entry in apache error log in this moment.

Comment

Have you already solved your problem, Furban?
              Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

No,
                I have done again a update and no Fetchmail is working. But teh "Extras" Page still not work

Comment

Typo: Fetchmail is now ok.

Comment

I had the same problem when i am starting. At first if have setup the right links, described above in the thread.

At first i made an update with the hyperion installer of the last stable branch.

Furthermore i activated mysql in my /etc/nsswitch.conf, all further configs are installted by the hyperion installer.

Code:
                    <code>
                    # /etc/nsswitch.conf
                    #
                    # Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
                    # If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
                    # `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:        compat mysql
                    group:          compat mysql
                    shadow:       compat mysql
                    </code>
                    Furthermore I set the start sequence number for the group id and the user id in the openxchange properties.

/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties:

Code:
                    # set to > 0 to use the uidnumber feature
                    UID_NUMBER_START=3000
                    /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/Group.properties

[CODE]
                    # set to higher than 0 to enable gid number faeture
                    GID_NUMBER_START=3000
                    [CODE]

Then I updated the sequences for the gid und uid in the sql database:

Code:
                    mysql -u root open-xchange-db
                    update  sequence_gid_number set id=3001 where cid=1
                    update  sequence_uid_number set id=3001 where cid=1
                    I don't know what exactly the point is why this error happens, but after activating the right gid and uid it was possible to change my password.

Comment

I found in the documentation:
                      -----------------------------
                      config jump
                      The “config jump” is a plugin that creates the URL which is opened in a separate window when a user clicks on “Extras” in the configuration tree of the user frontend. The shipped default plugin “GenericImpl” is configured in the file “configjump.properties” and can also be exchanged by an own developed one
                      ----------------------------
                      In my /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configjump.properties
                      file I see only one line
                      URL=http://localhost/oxadmin/umin

So it seemed that here something is missing. But I can't find any info about the syntax of the missing entry

Comment

maybe this is the problem:
                        open-xchange-admin-gui-ee-templates/build.xml: <property name="oxguidir" value="/var/www/ox6/"/>
                        Everything is installed at /var/www/ox and /var/www/ox6 dos not exist.

Comment

Hi,

this is why the installation wiki mentioned this parameter when compiling the gui:

"ant -Dlib.dir=/opt/open-xchange/lib/ -Dhtdoc=/var/www/ox/admin -Doxguidir=/var/www/ox/admin install"

the Dhtdoc and Doxguidir overrides the settings at the build.xml file. This only affects the initial compiling of the GUI but is no "configuration" or something like that.

Greetings

Comment

My Solution for Hyperion on Debian Etch

Originally posted by Gertjan View Post
                            There are two files missing, that's why users can't change their password.
                            On OpenSUSE 10.3, the files which are missing are /srv/www/htdocs/css/admin.css and /srv/www/htdocs/js/umin.js. But these files do already exist on the system, in /srv/www/htdocs/ox/admin/css and /srv/www/htdocs/ox/admin/js. Just copy the files and users can change their password.
                            After copying as described above with these commands
                            Code:
                            /var/www/ox/admin/css# cp admin.css /var/www/ox/css/
                            /var/www/ox/admin/js# cp umin.js /var/www/ox/js/
                            i see still errors in /var/log/apache2/error.log and the GUI is horrible.

Looking in the log and in the HTML-Source i try the following:
                            Code:
                            /var/www# ln -s ox/img/ img
                            /var/www# ln -s ox/css/ css
                            /var/www# ln -s ox/ox.css ox.css
                            /var/www# ln -s ox/js/ js
                            Now it seems everything Ok.

Instead of this workaround the References in the HTML should be without an starting slash at the beginning. So we can shift OX to every directory we wish...

Thanks so far for the Solution of changing user-password and entry of vacation-message by user.

Matthias

Comment

after a system crash i installed everything new on ubuntu 8.04 and was now
                              able to fix the problem also with:

cd /var/www/ox/admin/css
                              cp admin.css /var/www/ox/css/
                              cd /var/www/ox/admin/js
                              cp umin.js /var/www/ox/js/

cd /var/www
                              ln -s ox/img/ img
                              rn -s ox/css/ css
                              ln -s ox/ox.css ox.css
                              ln -s ox/js/ js

Comment

furban, for completeness I'm going to post this:

I think your problem was a missing setting in the /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties file.

I was also getting the error:

Link ist nicht implementiert. (LGI-0008,-1640915015-3781)

And changing the line in system.properties:

SetupLink=com.openexchange.groupware.integration.E mptyImpl

to

SetupLink=com.openexchange.groupware.integration.G enericImpl

fixed it for me.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X