Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share Folder

Hello!

In User A I create Share to personal folder Calendar and Task for everybody.
    Can I use this folder not with help Web.

And please tell me how create Public IMAP folder, which each of users can be look in Client by IMAP protocol (Lightning, KMail and other)

Thanks.

Hello,

You can add a public folder with cyradmin and subscribe to it in Thundebird/Kmail /OX.

Comment

You can add a public folder with cyradmin and subscribe to it in Thundebird/Kmail /OX.
      When I create the Public Folder in cyradmin, I don't see it in Clinet programm, I see only personal folder.
      What I have to do to see Public Folder when subscribe on it.

Comment

How do you create users and how do u create shared folders in cyrus?

What you have to do, is:
        Code:
        cyradm --user oxadmin <servername>
        <password>
        Create the shared mailbox. I will called it 'together' here
        Code:
        cm together
        Now, give the right users the right rights for this new mailbox:
        Code:
        sam together anyone lrswipcd
        The lrswipcd part can change, it will depend on the rights you want to give the users. Use a specific username instead of anyone if you want to give only a few users certain rights.
        Code:
        quit
        Now you can subscribe to it, at least in OX and Thunderbird, but I presume in every IMAP client.

Comment

I'm sorry. I cretae Public folder with help OX-Admin GUI, but not with help cyradmin. I'll try it now.

Thanks.

Comment

Create the shared mailbox. I will called it 'together' here
            This will be simple Mailbox Folder? But if i want to Share Calendar, I have to do the same? or for Calendar I have to do another folder?

Comment

If you want to create a shared calendar, you can do that as a normal user in "Public folder". (Right click, add new folder, select type and name)

Comment

Ok. What address I have to use in Thunderbird, If i want to add new Calendar

Comment

You need Funambol for that. It's in the 0.2.3.1 installer for OpenSUSE 10.3 and for other distro's you can find it in the wiki how to do that. (The address you have to use as well)

Comment

If you want to create a shared calendar, you can do that as a normal user in "Public folder". (Right click, add new folder, select type and name)
                    When I do it so, I cann't see it folder in mail Client, I see this folder only in Web. Which address I have to use, if i want to use it in Lightning

Comment

Thans. I'll try it

Comment

And OX in combination with Lighting sucks... (I'm sorry, I tried it. Martin Braun explained why it sucks a few days ago here somewhere on the forum.)

Comment

And OX in combination with Lighting sucks
                          Yes I've read about it.
                          In my network there are a lot of WorkStation work under Windows, I don't want use MS Outlook. May be you recommend me Client for Windows which can work normal with OX and support GroupWare working

Thanks.

Comment

Well, the web interface is the best there is. And Symbian i.c.w. Funambol is working quite well. But other Windows clients, I'm afraid we have to be patient till some folks in the open source community do a marvellous job.

Comment

Working...
                            X