Java Script Unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Script Unresponsive

I have Open Xchange for the most part succussfully installed. As a test I imported our user base, all 11,000 of them. Now when I login to the groupware GUI when the start page is presented my CPU goes to 100% for 20-30 seconds. Firefox even thinks that the script is unresponsive and presents a prompt asking if I want to stop the script. Firebug doesn't show any errors.

When I examine the data flowing between the server and client it seems to be sending the entire user base to the client, but the problem doesn't seem to be with sending the data it seems to be the client side processing. I think it's attempting to manipulate the entire 11,000 user base client side.

Is there some option to disable or limit this action or is this an integral part of the open Xchange GUI?

Hi,

the userbase, or at least the groupware relevant data is fetched to fill the global addressbook and present a list of users in multiple places. Currently there is no real workaround for this issue but may it be useful for you to seperate the userbase to different contexts?
    I don't know what exactly you're using OX for, but if your company or organisation is splitted to several departments (sales/development/accounting...) it would make sense to create a seperate context for those departments to cut the amount of user data per context. The disadvantage of this solution is that cross-development groupware operations are not as smooth like one context that contains all users.

Greetings

Comment

In a multiple context setup is it possible to share anything across contexts or do the contexts act as entirely separate worlds?

I'm setting this up at a small private university for use as a webmail client and I guess I could create separate contexts for students/faculty/alimni/etc. I'm still going to have 3000+ in the students context though, but atleast that's better than 11,000

Comment

Contexts are by definition "their own world". Communication is possible via E-Mail of course, but there is no cross-context functionality right now. Maybe Manuel Kraft reads this, he has already some experience with university setups that may be close to your requirement, he may give you some tips about it.

Greetings

Comment

I think I like the attached solution better. I have almost no experience with java, javascript, cvs, or how to submit patches so I'm sure I'm doing a lot of things horribly wrong, but these code changes dramatically improved performance in my setup
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X