Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to access OX global address book with Mac OS X Leopard Address Book ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to access OX global address book with Mac OS X Leopard Address Book ?

In the Mac OS X Address Book Preferences, there is an option to access an LDAP database address book.
    I enter all the information :
    Server name, Server Port Search base and scope

Simple Authentication, User name and Password.

For the Search base I tried
    o=AddressBook,ou=OxObjects,dc=xx,dc=xxx,dc=org
    and
    dc=xx,dc=xxx,dc=org

xx and xxx being replaced with the real dc and dc of my server

But nothing works.

The firewall on the server is open for port 389, and the LDAP is listening on port 389

Any clue anyone ?

Why is it working with OX Outlook extender ?

Since MAC OSX just want to read the LDAP subtree, why I am not getting anything ?

Thanks for your Help

Eric

Hi Eric,

The Open-Xchange Community Edition does not yet support LDAP integration for contacts (but it's just a matter of time), those contact information is stored at the MySQL database. The Outlook connector gets its data via the WebDAV/XML interface, not via any kind of LDAP client.

Greetings

Comment

You said "Hi Eric,

The Open-Xchange Community Edition does not yet support LDAP integration for contacts (but it's just a matter of time), those contact information is stored at the MySQL database. The Outlook connector gets its data via the WebDAV/XML interface, not via any kind of LDAP client.

Greetings
      "

Is there then a way to access the WebDAV/XML interface for contacts in Mac OS X ?

Eric

Comment

Hi,

yes, for example by using:

entering your credentials starts a download of the vcard of you private addressbook in vcard format

responds with the global addressbook.

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Martin, thanks for the url to the global address book.

Is there a similar url for created public address books (folders with the type set as contact)?
          I tried different contactfolder numbers, all the way up to 40 with no luck.

UPDATE: just sharing

I figured this out myself by running a query on my MySQL database.
          select fid, field01 from prg_contacts where fid <> 6;

That returns a list of all contact names that are not in the global address list and the fid (aka contactfolder) they are associated with. I then just scanned the list for contact names I had put the public contact folder that I had created for my users noting the fid. Note you will see any user's personal addresses as well so be sure to check several of the addresses in the folder you are specifically looking for. Now I just replaced the 6 in Martin's url from above with my found fid. I haven't done anything but a download (GET) of the vCard list yet, I don't know about doing a POST as I don't have that need.

Now all I need is a Thunderbird remote vCard extension and I will be all set!
          Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Manage contacts with thunderbird

Hello Martin,

Is anybody working on an an way to manage (not only open) contacts with thunderbird or any other adressbook ?
            btw: The lightning Extention does not work correctly with OX at this time.

Greetings
            Pascal
            Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X