Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Xchange Express/Community Edition: Problem with sending mails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Xchange Express/Community Edition: Problem with sending mails.

Hi,
    i dont know what i need to do so i can send mail in internet.

I can receive mails but i cant send them to internet.
    In LAN everything works fine.

How to configure my smtp server?

I am having this issue also. I cannot send to any email address outside of the server. I can send to the other account I added on the server, and I can receive emails from internal and external sources. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Comment

Hi,

did you checked the logfiles (/var/log/mail.*) yet? I guess the problem is not a inability of your server or the Open-Xchange software to send E-Mail to external servers but nowadays E-Mail from unknown servers i being suspected as spam and is not processed by E-Mail servers on the web.

Greetings

Comment

I have tried to send an email by setting up Outlook via IMAP. When I sent an email to a non existant email account, it bounced back and said the domain doesn't exist. When I send one to a real email address, I get no reply back. It appears to have gone through. When I look in mail.log, it says postfix/smtp - connection timed out port 25. Any ideas? I have just rebuilt the server and same issue both times. I can telnet to my box on port 25 outside of the network.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2008, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeroy View Post
          Hi,
          i dont know what i need to do so i can send mail in internet.

I can receive mails but i cant send them to internet.
          In LAN everything works fine.

How to configure my smtp server?
          Do you use the Express Edition or the Community Edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Gertjan View Post
            Do you use the Express Edition or the Community Edition?
            I know that post wan't for me, but how do you know which edition you are using? Arn't they both the same? We are having the same problem and I'm guessing he downloaded from the same link as I did. It was titled:

Open-Xchange Express/Community Edition (600 MB Download)

Comment

I figured out why I couldn't send emails. ATT/SBS blocks port 25 on their side. So, even though I unblocked port 25 on the router/modem, I still couldn't send mail. It took all of 5 minutes on a chat session with them to resolve the issue. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X