Pb with ox and opensuse 10.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gertjan View Post
    Okay, well, good luck with your installation!
    A little question, when I change the root password for mysql, what files of ox I must change.

Comment

As far as I know: none. The root creates the database and a OX user. This user has the right access to the database.

Comment

Originally posted by Gertjan View Post
        As far as I know: none. The root creates the database and a OX user. This user has the right access to the database.
        Ok, so when I change the password of the OX user for mysql, what files of ox I must update.

Comment

I never tried that, but I think /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties. (The writeProperty.2=password=secret line.)

Comment

Hi,

the groupware configuration has two places where the database user password is stored:
            /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
            /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties

but if you used the installer script or the how-to at the wiki, you should have configured many other services like postfix or pam which also require database authentication. Just check out the installation manual and search for "secret", that's the default password we used for this manual. The appropriate files should also exist at your installation.

Greetings

Comment

Ok, I thank you very much Gertjan and Martin.

Comment

I would to know if the script for the OpenSuse 10.3 is compatible with a SuSE Enterprise Linux v10 EM64T ?

Comment

No, it's not. I've been working on it, but there are to many differences. Maybe Martin Braun can give you the old OpenSUSE 10.2 installer, that one has more usefull repositories.

Comment

It's still hosted at:

but its _very_ outdated and not maintaned anymore because thanks to Gertjan we have a very nice 10.3 installer now

Comment

I would like to know the difference between the stable/bugfix 6.4 and 6.4.2, in the opensuse script.
                      What version is more stable ?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                        It's still hosted at:

but its _very_ outdated and not maintaned anymore because thanks to Gertjan we have a very nice 10.3 installer now
                        Thanks.
                        But now I have the 10.2 version again, I can try to build a SLES/SLED 10 version as well. Give me a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubunflyer View Post
                          I would like to know the difference between the stable/bugfix 6.4 and 6.4.2, in the opensuse script.
                          What version is more stable ?
                          The groupware GUI is the main (only) difference. 6.4.2 is much better in my opinion. In 6.4.2 you can drag 'n' drop the items in the start page and widget support was added, for example. But because 6.4 is still available, it's also available in the script. (Who am I to decide for you what can be installed and what not. )

Comment

I have a problem with v6.4.2, in the monitoring part I have no graph to show the stats of database, network ...

Comment

Hi,

like said, 6.4.2 is only the groupware gui, there is no 6.4.2 of the server, admin or admin gui available. 6.4.2 was a "fresh-up" release of the UI, it did not change anything at the server side.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Ubunflyer View Post
                                I have a problem with v6.4.2, in the monitoring part I have no graph to show the stats of database, network ...
                                Also 6.4 will give you that problem. For some reason, the Munin graphs are not shown in OX with OpenSUSE. Therefore, at the moment Munin is not installed at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X