Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared mailbox?

Hi all,

Just want to know if there's any way to share an entire mailbox with other users? Including inbox, sent, etc... Does of can be done via the admin interface, or directly by the user in his preferences?
    I didn't find the option in the admin interface, and everything is grey under the mailbox preferences...

If not possible with any of these interfaces, can it be done directly in mysql or anything else?

Just to be clear, I only want to use community edition...

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!

Tibo

Hi Tibo,

mailbox sharing is done via IMAP ACL, it's available for any Edition of Open-Xchange. To share a E-Mail folder, right-click it as user, select Properties. The "Rights" tab should be visible now, if not - you've to configure ACL at the IMAP Server.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer, but the Add button is always grey... I tried to manage cyris via webmin, but the module doesn't work, even if I install all perl dependencies... Whatever, this is a webmin problem.
      Can you tell me which files I have to modify to manage cyrus' ACL? Cyrus is the OX' default imap server right?

Thanks!

Tibo

Comment

Hi Tibo,

yes cyrus is the "default" IMAP server, that has a historical background - OX5 and OX:EE are using Cyrus at the "bundled" platform like RHEL/SLES/Ubuntu. But we're also able to talk to courier, dovecot or other standard compliant IMAP servers. In near future we'll also be able to read maildir directly from the storage or maybe add database storage later...
        Back to topic: Most distributions of cyrus allow ACL out of the box, it can be easily determined by checking the IMAP "greeting" when connecting via telnet:

Code:
        telnet some.server.tld 143
        * OK something.open-xchange.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12-Invoca-RPM-2.2.12-8.1.RHEL4 server ready
        Enter:
        Code:
         01 CAPABILITY
        Will print something like this:
        Code:
        * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE STARTTLS LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
        As you see, the IMAP Server tells us he's able to do ACL, this greeting message is also analyzed by the Open-Xchange Server when connecting to a IMAP Server, at the login for example. If the IMAP Server is ACL capable, it is possible to share _single_ folders, sadly there is no "recursive" share option so you'd have to share every folder one by one.

This job can also be done via the "cyradm" tool at the server shell which allows the administrator to create or modify ACL settings, should also be script-able if you need to set very many ACL.

Depending on your report i guess you've tried to share the "E-Mail" folder at the OX GUI but this one is a virtual folder of the Groupware web interface and does not really exist, the lowest-level "real" IMAP folder is "Inbox", doing the Properties -> Rights stuff there should enable you to set permissions. If not, we've to dig deeper if there is any problem

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-15-2008, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Martin,

Again thanks a lot for your help.

I did what you told me, ACL is activated on cyrus, right! But...

I could manage ACL from command line, but still have a problem with the Web Interface... As I understand, I can't set ACL directly on the E-Mail folder as it is a virtual folder, so I tried to share the Inbox folder from interface.
          - I log on with user test.1
          - I go to the "Rights" pane of the Inbox Folder, but what I see here are only greyd buttons (see picture1.gif), but it is not the case for other folders...
          - So I share the folder via cyradm to the user test.2 (sam user/test.1 test.2 lrswipcda)
          - I log on with user test.2, subscribe to the shared folder (test.1)
          - It works well, and user test.2 can manage ACL of this shared folder (see picture2.gif)

What I don't understand is : why does user test.2 can manage ACL on the user test.1 shared folder when the owner (test.1) cannot do it?

Don't know if I'm clear enough, let me know!

Cheers

Tibo
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

well, the only difference i can see is, that your "Inbox" folder is at the same "level" as all other folders. From installations knew so far all other folders where beneath "Inbox" and only folders created by a administrator were able to exist at "Inbox" level - i guess your issue is related to this.

Would you mind to give a cyradm "lm" of a user?

Did you enabled or disabled cyrus' "altnamespace"? Enabling this leads to the effect that the inbox is at the same level as other folders and disabling altnamespaces may solve this.

Greetings
            Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-16-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Martin !

You're the boss !

Here's what a "lm" gives for user test.1 :
              Code:
              user/test.1 (\HasChildren)
              user/test.1/Drafts (\HasNoChildren)
              user/test.1/Sent Items (\HasNoChildren)
              user/test.1/Spam (\HasNoChildren)
              user/test.1/Trash (\HasNoChildren)
              user/test.1/confirmed-ham (\HasNoChildren)
              user/test.1/confirmed-spam (\HasNoChildren)
              I checked the altnamespace status, put it from yes to no, then restarted cyrus, and saw that other folders where beneath Inbox. Rights on the Inbox folder appeared automatically !

I'm gonna ask for the Community Installer to be updated with the altnamespace positioned to "no", cause the entire installation has been done with the script.

Thanks again Martin !

Cheers

Tibo

Comment

Working...
              X